Send Topic Print
Come on in... (Read 28038 times)
04/30/04 at 22:01:39

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The history of Irish music
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

We appreciate you taking the time to register for our bulletin boards. The key to a successful web-based community is input and involvement from it members, so please feel free to post your thoughts, questions, or ideas pertaining to the irish dance scene from 1950 through 1990 and beyond. We appreciate your time and hope you wil enjoy the site.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 05/27/04 at 18:28:41

cigarman   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
53721 Siegburg Germany

Hi Every one hope this finds all punters in good health
I would just to thank Gerry for putting to- gether a good usable site . Its is also interesting to see so many of the Blaneys Sound Bands named but dont forget the greatest of them all The Paddy Cole Superstars,there where that many bands came out of the Tony Loughman stable it would be impossible to name,  there one week and gone the next,God Bless him

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 05/28/04 at 19:22:57

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

We once appeared on the same bill as Paddy's band in 1982 I think on the Gerry Ryan hosted "Non Stop Pop." We have a photo on the band on the website too, they had a good run at it...Whatever happened to Tony Loughman?

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 05/29/04 at 18:23:27

cigarman   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
53721 Siegburg Germany

With the raise of the showband scene,in various guises
weather it be Keith and The Showband Show with his guests or George Jones and company taking over The Waterfront in Belfast, it has Suprized me we have not heard from The King of Blaney Management .Is there one out there,who remembers The Top Rank Superstars and there Monday Nights of Music and Sport.Not only was there the band management but the hall and hotel management ,his bands mostly played his venue, nice work if you can get it!Gerry with the appearance of this site are we going to see a furture appearance from you and yours as you know I do not come home as much as I would like to due to business commitments So give me a lot of notice

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 05/29/04 at 21:34:43

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

Hi,

That would be a lot of fun, but from what I gather, tougher to pull off these days. I see a lot of the older showband stars doing nostalgia gigs, but not too many from our era...we're kind of in between...too old to be hip, but too young to be nostalgia! On the other hand...you never know!!!! Thanks for staying in touch!
« Last Edit: 10/07/04 at 18:50:13 by Admin »  
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 06/17/05 at 21:24:51

lmroczek   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin

Just discovered your great site - thank you!

Anything on Gregory Donaghey or the Carlton Showband in the future would be appreciated!  I'd like to see what they're all up to now days.

Thanks again! Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 06/17/05 at 22:04:07

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

We are constantly receiving information about various bands and individuals and when it reaches "critical mass" we try to do a feature. We will keep our eyes open for info on both artists, but it is more likely we will have features on some of the bands of the 70's and 80's first. We depend so much on the contributions of our readers these days so anything is possible! Stay tuned for more.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 06/25/05 at 19:02:32

Pamela_Healy_sligo   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi there!!
this is a great page lots and lots of information thank God for people like you who never forgot  the showbands and the very happy and safe good old days. .

Thank you forever.
Pamela.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 05/01/06 at 18:20:48

doney   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

great site,,,,,

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 05/01/06 at 23:40:39

Trish   Offline
Journeyman Musician
Make Love not War!
Northamptonshire, England

Hi there Doney & welcome  Smiley
If you want to make friends with a load of head-cases..then you've come to the right place  (only joking  Grin ). I joined in January & I've been made so welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay.. Smiley
Trisha

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them!
IP Logged

Reply #10 - 05/02/06 at 00:52:32

celebrity   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
wigston.leicester

Smiley SmileyHi Doney,As  Trisha said welcome to this site,it's all thanks to Gerry,so do join in,they are a great bunch,so if you love the showbands like the rest of us do come  on it's great.Best Wishes,Pete. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 05/02/06 at 03:14:05

angelvoice   Offline
Journeyman Musician
Ex-Showband front woman!

Doney, you don't know what you've let yourself in for... Tongue

Lovely bunch!

I'm sure you will have a few laughs in here
X
Dee

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 05/02/06 at 13:10:45

doney   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Trisha,Celebrity,and Angelvoice,thank you for making me feel welcome,hope to spend more time on here .Many happy memories of the showband days.

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 05/02/06 at 16:03:56

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

Since the three youngsters have given you such a hearty welcome, I better join them.
We have some heavy discussions here about various weighty topics such as the weather, the price of turnips and so on. We even talk about showband nostalgia at times.
I don't know why Trisha said it was only a joke that we're all mad. Sure that's our common link; Madness------about the Showband Era

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 05/02/06 at 20:22:22

Trish   Offline
Journeyman Musician
Make Love not War!
Northamptonshire, England

Hello..
I love the way Liamo refers to us as youngsters- such a gent.. Grin. Yes, I'd like to say a huge 'Thank You' to Gerry for setting up this site. Not only have I found out so much info about showbands and seen some very familar faces but I've also made friends with a rather 'odd' bunch   Grin  who, as Liamo said we're ALL mad - about Irish Showbands & their music.

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print