Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ballroom or Band Photos (Read 10684 times)
06/15/04 at 06:01:37

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The history of Irish music
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

As you know by now, we're trying to build a comprehensive collection of information about the bands we all grew up listening to...especially those in the 70's and 80's about whom so little has been written. If you have any band handouts, photos, or other materials, we'd love to share them with the world. We appreciate your support!
« Last Edit: 06/16/04 at 00:10:17 by Admin »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 07/01/04 at 23:23:05

drumgold   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi
I have a couple of photos and know somebody who used to have hundreds...maybe still does! How do I get them on here?

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 07/15/04 at 22:02:34

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

You can email us at photos@gmsproductions.com and we can make arrangements for photos to be posted. Check out Billy Swann's collection under showband photos.
« Last Edit: 08/01/05 at 00:01:05 by Admin »  
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 11/02/05 at 19:52:27

Lorraine   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I will be able to get photos of Dave Dixon. He was my grandfather. I will get them sent asap.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 11/19/05 at 11:13:54

Duke   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Currently, Bury Manchester UK

Dear Gerry. Just been glancing through the photos again and came across the Plattermen page. I note you say there was another member of the original line up. Unfortunately I cant remember that person right now, but I will ask Pat Chesters or Ray Moore if I can get hold of them. However there are also some others you have ommitted form you line up changes. Namely Gewrry McElduff came in as drummer during the Rock era and also John Trotter was trombone player/keyboard player/ bagpipe player et al. You said they never had a keyboard player yet credit Ray with playing organ. He is in fact an extremely good piano player as you probably know. and he DID play the elctric piano (as did John T) in the band when Rob Strong came in. Finally the entire band line up changed when Willie Loughrey became front man. In fact he never played with any of the band at all as they had broken up before he resurrected the name at the end of the seventies beginning of eighties.
Hope most of this makes sense to you. all the best (Declan (Duke) Colgan.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 03/10/06 at 01:12:11

jim   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

hi  heres a photo of the cascades  showband which is on your site under unknown,they came from belfast here's the line up, left to right  victor  stewart (trumpet) billy skelly (organ)frankie best (sax) jim brannigan (bass) john mcwilliams (vocal) roy fleming (guitar) and eddie bailey (drums).      good night and god bless,  jim brannigan.

ps  your sites amazing

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 03/22/06 at 18:04:51

Graham_Hughes   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi,

My Dad is Francis Hughes. He was in Roly Daniels & the Green County & Jim Farleys band before that. There is a pic on this site of the Green County band listing some gigs from 1971 in the pic. One of the dates is Enniscrone. My mum mentioned a few weeks ago that was the night Mum & Dad met. Would it be possibly if I could get a print of the pic. I would pay for the print. Its their anniversary next month.

There are a load of Photos at home of Dad & the bands he was in. I could route them out & E-mail them to you.

Tks. Graham.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 07/14/06 at 17:05:06

John_Fennessy   Offline

I have some old band photos of Brose Walsh -Jack Ruane-Odeon- Jim Farleyect. How do i get them to you I was a member of those bands
John Fennessy

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 07/29/06 at 17:17:26

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

Hi John,

Thanks, I have sent you a separate emaI....

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 11/13/06 at 18:38:10

Rosie   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Just in relation to a photo that you have of Philomena Begley and the County Flavour.  The 2 Mc Nallys names are Brian (RIP) who was my father and his brother Michael.  Could you please insert these names to the photo.

Thanking you

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print