Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
i used to be in a band myself (Read 60408 times)
07/05/04 at 03:22:43

Anne   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

hi everyone,
i used to be in a band in ireland , along with my sister and brother, we were called Anne Shelly and the Marines, does anyone remember us , before that we were a family group  came from Pomeroy co tyrone origionally.
anyway my sister ( jan ) and myself are now living in America with our own families, this is a great web site, just found out about it now  from my brother who sent me the web site, its great to see and hear about all the bands  some i had forgotten  about.
have a great day
~~Anne~~ 8)

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 07/18/04 at 14:30:17

cigarman   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
53721 Siegburg Germany

Anne ,
Great to see Barry got to you before he went of to sun him self , Hope to hear much mote from you ,Jan and of course Barry about the heady Top Rank day.
Regards Ronnie (AKA Cigarman)

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 07/18/04 at 19:49:16

Anne   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

hi cigarman.lol
thanks for your wee note, do i know you, or do you play music with barry, i know hes in different groups at home.
top rank days .long time since i saw those words in type.
do you remember the top rank magazines?

i heard there was a big nite for loughman, seems hes not the "big" man he used to be, my husbands brother was at it.
hope to hear from you again.
take care
~~anne~~ Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 09/15/04 at 22:10:00

Duke   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Currently, Bury Manchester UK

Hello Anne, you may not remember me, its Declan Colgan AKA Duke. I was with Big Valley for a while after Tony Fox left. I dated Jan for a few months until the band actually broke up and the Marines was formed. My E-mail address is declancolgan356@msn.com. It would be good to hear from ALL of you. Pass my address on to Jan and ask if she would say hello. Hope to here from you soon
bye, Declan
XXXXXXXXXXX

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 05/21/05 at 21:41:00

Pamela_Healy_sligo   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

HI ANNE
MABE I SHOULD NOT BE WRITING ON THIS PAGE BUT IN AROUND ABOUT 1972 I HAD A 8 TRACK TAPE OF "SHELLIE"
IT WAS FANTASTIC ESPECIALLY ONE SONG ON IT WHICH WAS "ANGEL EYES" THIS WOULD BRING BACK VERY HAPPY MEMORIES FOR ME. IS IT POSSIBLE I COULD STILL GET IT SOMEWHERE ON CASSETT OR C.D.
HOPE YOU CAN HELP
LOVE PAMELA.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 09/24/06 at 01:16:32

breezy_willow   Offline
Music Student
"Where you playing tonight?"
 "The Fireside Inn"
Surrey, England

Hi

I don't know if you remember me...I used to play in a family band too back in the 1970's "Majella & The Derry Airs" - I'm sure we met up with your band a number of times. If not...I'm putting it down to old age!!!!  I went on to live in Ireland and sing as "Jenny" of Jenny & The Mighty Avons, based in Portumna (1981) then with "Stateline" and finally "Royal Flush".  My sister Majella and I made an LP way back in 1979 at Big Tom's stuio in Castleblayney called "We should be together".   (A Basil Hendricks special!) Both of us still sing/play guitar but have transferred over to the theatre and produce and direct musicals . It's great fun, but I do miss the old band days or do I...being cramped in a dirty van with a bunch of guys!!! We met many wonderful bands and musicians (Basil Hendricks, Tony the Hat etc etc) and have great memories to look back on. I hope you are all well.
Kind regards
D

Enjoy life...it only happens once!
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 09/25/06 at 20:57:23

Tiptop   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi Breezy Willow,

Did you make any recordings with the Mighty Avons? I seem to recall a single "Cinderella" on Release!! What was the lineup at the time of your fronting the Avons?

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 09/26/06 at 21:27:07

breezy_willow   Offline
Music Student
"Where you playing tonight?"
 "The Fireside Inn"
Surrey, England

Hi Tiptop

I was with the Avons from 1981-83. In the band at that time were:
Ollie Craughwell (rhythm guitar)
Frank Downey (Lead/steep pedal/accordian)
Patsy Fallon (drums)
Pat Maroney (Bass)
Ken ? (Piano)
Me...
We never got a chance to release the records we recorded in Headford as there was some falling out with the record company...On leaving the Avons and forming "Stateline" I did release 2 records..."Least of All You" and "Travelling Man".
Kind regards
Dawn

Enjoy life...it only happens once!
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 09/27/06 at 22:34:01

Tiptop   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi Dawn,
Thanks for the info.
Regards
Tiptop

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 09/26/15 at 16:42:44

Mike Scott   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi Breezy Willow, Jan and Barry and Everybody,
I'm Mike Scott and I sang with the Cotton Mill Boys.
We made a few singles and LPs. It was  a brilliant time and I'd sure love to be playing again.  Although I still sing and play for old folks and the handicapped, backing myself with my keyboard. If they want to sing I back them and they have a bit of fun. To see all the names and places on these pages really takes me back to a very happy time.
God Bless you all,  Regards, Mike. Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print