irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Australia Calling!! (Read 4155 times)
07/07/04 at 09:25:48

erin   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

8) Hello from Sydney Australia. I present the Sydney Irish Radio Program on www.2ser.com (107.3fm)Sundays 7am to 9am Sydney time. Myles Mooney ex( Pat Lynch & the Aircords) and Shay O'Hare ex (Royal Blues) often join me as guests. They are now living in Australia.
Ray Hurley, Joe Dolan and Brendan Bower have toured here, over the years
What a great project it would be to organize a showband tour of Australia. The showband years were just so special.
Regards
Michael Lyons

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 07/07/04 at 17:08:16

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The history of Irish music
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

Hi Michael,

I think you're our second or third member from "down under," I am surprised at how many showband "heads" are scattered around the world! USA, Canada, Australia. I hope you enjoy your membership in the site and can make some interesting contacts!
Gerry
« Last Edit: 07/09/04 at 07:12:22 by Admin »  
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 04/18/06 at 20:17:17

doyena33   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

To get a Showband tour in Oz you need to get in touch with David Hull Promotions.  He organises Showband shows in Ireland every year with all the greats including Brendan, Dickie, Brian Coll, Dave Glover etc etc etc.
David's company is based in Belfast but there is a website with all contact details and galleries of previous shows.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 04/20/06 at 12:56:42

echo   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

i agree with michael ,anyone intrested in organising a showband show in Aussie please contact. Dennis Osborne
Ex george and the Unicorns (australia) The Green Angels (ireland), Seasons showband (ireland),frankie and the Echoes(Belfast Ireland)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print