irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Memories (Read 62914 times)
01/06/05 at 11:05:23

ANNW   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Does anyone know if The Memories are still on the go? I know they were still gigging up until about 2 years ago, but they seem to have suddenly vanished. I would love to have them play at a function and am trying to get into contact with them. Any information would be greatly appreciated. ??? ???

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 01/13/05 at 01:29:04

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The history of Irish music
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

Hi Ann,

My understanding is that the Memories are still kind of on the go, although Jim Barry, their lead singer, retired in late 2004. However, I know that Mick Swan and Daire Doyle still play together from time to time (not sure whether they use the Memories name though).  If you send me an email, I will try to contact Daire to see if I can hook you up. My email address is:
ggallagher@gmsproductions.com.
Hope that helps!
By the way, I think our member, "memsfan" is related to Jim. Check it out.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 04/19/05 at 15:22:50

deco   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi there

anyupdate on your query about the memories??

also i recently put a post on the site wanting to know did anyone know where i could get my hands some of the memories recordings over the years

deco

pls email direct if yu want
keyes_declan@hotmail.com

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 09/29/05 at 21:32:14

baytree   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I'm a collector looking for the "I've Never Been To Russia" single made by The Message (post-Memories) in 1981, but I'm not getting anywhere.

Can anyone here put me in touch with Daire Doyle, Mike Swan and/or whoever else might've been in the band, please?

Thanks,
Steve Mitchell,
in Holland

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print