irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Brendan O'Brien (Read 19138 times)
04/02/05 at 15:05:02

eileen   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Whatever happened to Brendan O'Brien of the Dixie's and Stage 2? Does anyone know if he is still singing or has he retired? He doesn't seem to be mentioned anymore and that is sad. He was so popular. If anyone out there knows what he is doing now I would be very pleased to hear of it. Also where he can be contacted. Thanks for a great site.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 04/04/05 at 00:21:45

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The history of Irish music
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

Hi Eileen.

Brendan is still around and from what I understand, he sings around the Cork area from time to time. I know that he appeared at the Waterfront a few years ago. Also, I know that he never really fully recovered from being electrocuted in the early seventies and that has probably hampered him returning to the scene as a major attraction. I hope that helps and thanks for joining the community.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 04/05/05 at 17:41:39

eileen   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Does anyone know how I can find out if Brendan O'Brien (ex Dixies and Stage 2) is playing any gigs in Ireland in July (18th to 25th)? Thank you.

Eileen

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 12/28/06 at 15:24:56
luap   Ex Member

He has recently released a double CD, available through RMG-Chart distributors.  He's in great form, I met him earlier in 2006.  Mad as ever!

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 01/01/08 at 04:24:59

Alan Carr   Offline
And the years roll by
!
Alberta, Canada

Hi Eileen.
My name is Alan Carr, I played with Stage 2 for many years and stepped up front when Brendan had his unfortunate accident.

I have been living in Canada since 1976.

I spoke with Brendan a little while ago and he is well and still doing the odd gig. You can find a couple of old photos on my website: www.alan-james.com . Hope that helps and Happy New Year, Alan.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 02/22/13 at 22:19:17

Corkcountry   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Sorry to say that Brendan O Brien bought the farm some years back..great oul chanter RIP.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print