IP Logged

Reply #1 - 12/06/06 at 00:29:58

Derek   Offline
Showband
dnbentertainmen t sole
management for Dickie
Ray
Benidorm

I may be wrong but I believe he played Saint Marys hall in Portadown on the same tour

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 12/14/06 at 17:18:50

MURPHY   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Didn't see Orbison but did see Bill Haley nad the Comets in the Silver Sandal, Enniskillen and also the Everly Brothers. I even had a swig of Brandy out of Phil Everly's hip flask back stage. That could have been the start of the downward spiral, hic. Murph, T.V. The Mad Murph, John  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 10/16/07 at 12:49:06

decb   Offline

ROY ORBISON TOUR Late 1960's. LIMERICK

Not sure of the year but think it was 1967. Roy Orbison played a whistlestop tour of Irish Ballrooms. Roy and his Band played "The Jetland Ballroom" Limerick to a packed house of 3000 approx people. I played guitar in the Support Band 'The Billy Conway Band' - Orbison, having played elsewhere that same evening, arrived very late to a rather 'tired of waiting' crowd, who were well sick of listening to us - HOWEVER - when he did arrive Roy and the Band gave a highly polished performance of all his great hits. Roy Orbison (dressed in black) with Gretsch Guitar could do no wrong, and all the waiting was quickly forgiven. He left just as suddenly as he arrived  with his band still playing the all familiar guitar riff to Pretty Woman. The Jetland Ballroom is now a supermarket - See photo of The Billy Conway Band in Irish Showband Photos page. - Declan Burke

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 02/19/15 at 13:34:42

aubrey   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Roy Orbison played in the castle ballroom banbridge in the 1967 tour.I remember when roy came out onto the stage lifted his guitar to play he hit the first couple of notes and handed to another bloke on stage and walked off stage a little cross because the guitar was out of tune.After two or three minutes the bloke that was tuning the guitar waved roy back onto the stage Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 04/18/15 at 11:27:56

tramore   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
waterford

Roy Orbison did play the Atlantic Tramore Co Waterford    in the 60s   about the time of Jim Reeves  appearence

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print