irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dusty Springfield (Read 22398 times)
10/31/05 at 20:32:18

SeanB   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I read that Dusty Springfield played the Palm Beach Ballroom, Dublin on December 7 1963 and the Plaza Ballroom, Belfast on 8 December 1963.
I would be interested to read the recollections of any members who were there.
thanks
Sean

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 10/31/05 at 20:39:05

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

I wasn't at either show but I saw Dusty and the Springfields here in Arklow, at the Entertainment Centre at around the same time.
To be honest, at the time, I wasn't overly impressed. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 11/01/05 at 08:46:29

SeanB   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Thanks Liamo, I didn't know the Springfields played here.

Dusty later did a tour of Irish ballrooms Feb 1-6 1966.
I don't have any other information on venues etc,so if anyone was at any of the dates I would be interested to hear.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 11/01/05 at 21:29:50

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

I thought it was more like 1963 than 1966 but that doesn't matter. To qualify what I said earlier about not being overly impressed. This was at a time when we had a spate of guest appearances during the Saturday night dances. Such as The John Barry Seven, Johnny Kidd and the Pirates and so on. I remember when the Springfields were getting ready to start ther was a bit of foostering on the stage. Dusty said something along the lines of; Sorry about this, we're not used to playing small places like this. We didn't particularly take kindly to that and I remeber a few of us shouting up: Dare say you started in a barn or words to that effect. It was before the time of Dusty The Star but the Springfields were big at the time. Grin

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 05/08/13 at 15:19:17

petehere   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi there

I am researching Dusty Springfield and if she toured with any Motown artists in Ireland.  Do you know if in 1965/66 if Dusty was touring with any other artists?

Thanks

Pete

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 11/10/21 at 20:54:02

David Mc Donald   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Hello, I'm working on writing a book on a venue called St. Mary's Hall, Portadown where I've heard that Dusty Springfield performed at the hall back in the early 1960's. Would anyone possibly know when Dusty Springfield would have toured at this venue or in the North of Ireland? Thank you in advance. Have a good day and week, David.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print