irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dusty Springfield (Read 10178 times)
10/31/05 at 20:32:18

SeanB   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I read that Dusty Springfield played the Palm Beach Ballroom, Dublin on December 7 1963 and the Plaza Ballroom, Belfast on 8 December 1963.
I would be interested to read the recollections of any members who were there.
thanks
Sean

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 10/31/05 at 20:39:05

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

I wasn't at either show but I saw Dusty and the Springfields here in Arklow, at the Entertainment Centre at around the same time.
To be honest, at the time, I wasn't overly impressed. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 11/01/05 at 08:46:29

SeanB   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Thanks Liamo, I didn't know the Springfields played here.

Dusty later did a tour of Irish ballrooms Feb 1-6 1966.
I don't have any other information on venues etc,so if anyone was at any of the dates I would be interested to hear.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 11/01/05 at 21:29:50

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

I thought it was more like 1963 than 1966 but that doesn't matter. To qualify what I said earlier about not being overly impressed. This was at a time when we had a spate of guest appearances during the Saturday night dances. Such as The John Barry Seven, Johnny Kidd and the Pirates and so on. I remember when the Springfields were getting ready to start ther was a bit of foostering on the stage. Dusty said something along the lines of; Sorry about this, we're not used to playing small places like this. We didn't particularly take kindly to that and I remeber a few of us shouting up: Dare say you started in a barn or words to that effect. It was before the time of Dusty The Star but the Springfields were big at the time. Grin

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 05/08/13 at 15:19:17

petehere   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi there

I am researching Dusty Springfield and if she toured with any Motown artists in Ireland.  Do you know if in 1965/66 if Dusty was touring with any other artists?

Thanks

Pete

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print