HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Idaho Showband (Read 19653 times)
06/08/06 at 22:38:13

Bobalexander   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Found your site today and it blew me away. I can shed a bit of light on your entry for The Idaho Showband, which is shown as "Unknown"  -at the time when we were formed just before we set off for England (1966,Never to return) the majority of us were from ,or living in, Belfast. We were formerly known as the Manhatten Showband (also in your list)   I have spotted our drummer, Mickey O'Neill, in pictures of The Maurice lynch Showband, before he joined us, and the great Capitol Showband, (After he left us). I was thrilled to see the pictures of our friendly rivals from Lisburn, The Jimmy Johnstone Showband. I would love to get in contact with former members, in particular Trevor Dixon (aka the Singing Milkman, originally from Ballinderry) or Tommy Smith (one time ace trumpeter from Andersonstown)
I have listed you in my favourites and will be keeping a close watch!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 06/08/06 at 23:00:51

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The history of Irish music
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the info...we'd love to hear more about the band and I have sent you an email privately...looking forward to hearing more.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 08/13/06 at 21:15:15

Dean   Offline
Mt Uniacke, Nova Scotia Canada

Hi there!  I have been posting message on many different boards trying to locate information on the Idaho Showband, specifically info on George (William George) Caldwell.  I believe that he played bass with the Idaho Showband and  was previously with the Manhatten Showband and the Presidents Showband.  I would really appreciate any information.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 08/23/06 at 23:31:46

Bobalexander   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi Dean. George Caldwell played bass with our band from the very early days in 1963 until we turned professional and left for England in 1966. He rejoined the band about1968 and toured Germany and Libya with us.  He came from Carryduff originally, and like most of te band ended up living in Ashton-Under-Lyne. He married a Welsh girl called Angie and when the band broke up I believe they were going to live in Wales. I haven't seen or heard from George since about 1971.  What is your interest in the Idaho and george in particular?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print