Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pop Idol etc. (Read 6797 times)
08/12/06 at 02:04:33

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

Has anyone got any thoughts or opinions on these terrible tv programmes like Pop Idol Etc.? My own opinion is_-Stupid.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 08/12/06 at 02:16:28

Trish   Offline
Journeyman Musician
Make Love not War!
Northamptonshire, England

'One hit wonders' if they're lucky. It's surprising what money can buy.. Wink. Thank goodness for the remote control..we can change the channel instantly Grin. Whatever happened to real talent?

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them!
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 08/12/06 at 02:44:59

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

I meant to include all these reality yokes. Isn't that what they're called. Love  Island, Pop Idol etc.
If it's not them it's SOAPS. The tv is more like a washing machine these days Grin

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 08/12/06 at 02:51:30

Trish   Offline
Journeyman Musician
Make Love not War!

Ha! Good one that Liamo - Washing machine = Soaps!  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 08/12/06 at 13:37:49

eddy   Offline
Journeyman Musician
love is the answer, and
 you know that for sure,

8)  hi liamo, i dont know if you ever watch irelands your a star?  for  me  one  of  the  best singers on the show  was marilyn bane from galway,  loui walsh   said  she was irelands new rock chick 8)

all you need is love
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 08/12/06 at 14:14:48

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

I've watched it Eddy and I agree she was very good. For once one ofthe judges got it right. Usually they're out by a mile. Never saw any sense in having judges anyway when they have no hand , act or part in the outcome. The public decides. For me another example of the sheer inanity of the whole thing ???

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 08/12/06 at 17:41:42

Trish   Offline
Journeyman Musician
Make Love not War!

I think the best example of judges favouritism was last years 'X-Factor'. All the fuss that Louis Walsh caused over the Conway Sisters & now they're about to split up. I suppose for those viewers that enjoy reality programmes, it was compulsive viewing. But I often wonder if the public do actually decide or is it a forgone conclusion who the finalists/winner will be? A very debatable topic....

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 08/12/06 at 20:10:06

eddy   Offline
Journeyman Musician
love is the answer, and
 you know that for sure,

i think the  best judges  (some of the time anyway)  8) are the cd buying public Roll Eyes

i think shows like your a star and the x factor , can  bring artists to the publics attention wheres other wise  you might  have never heard of them        8)                        

all you need is love
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 08/12/06 at 22:27:24

Trish   Offline
Journeyman Musician
Make Love not War!

Hi Kelly!  Unfortunately, I haven't seen 'You're a Star' over here, so I cannot comment on your Marilyn from Galway. But if she's as good as people say, then I'm looking forward to hearing her in the charts. If 'Joe Public' has any say, then I'm sure she'll go far. Only time will tell.... 8).

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 08/12/06 at 23:58:57

eddy   Offline
Journeyman Musician
love is the answer, and
 you know that for sure,

8) hi trisha, louis walsh, called her irelands rock chick 8)

after hearing her sing led zepplins rock and roll ( been a long time)   8) and she sure can rock 8)

all you need is love
IP Logged

Reply #10 - 08/13/06 at 13:29:52

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

Good points everyone makes. I've nothing against the competitors. More power to them all. The judges, in my estimation, or the format of judging is s farce. On the last edition of the Irish one the judge from the north (can't recall his name), got up  and walked out when a girl named the song she was going to sing. He had  heard it too often. God love him. That's not adjudication and shouldn't and wouldn't be allowed in REALITY. I think it was the series before when the great Phil Coulter got up and smashed a competitors guitar because he was fed up with so many having guitars. Again, in a proper competition with proper judges that wouldn't be tolerated. Proves further to me just how farcical these so-called shows are.

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 08/13/06 at 17:35:58

Trish   Offline
Journeyman Musician
Make Love not War!

Everyone knows that the idea of these ' singing talent contests' is to discover newcomers that would otherwise go un-noticed. The judges are there to give their 'expert' opinions on each act (not to influence the voting public!... Wink). Sometimes these shows are watchable for the sheer childishness of these judges. The one that comes to mind was when Sharon Osbourne threw a glass of water over Louis Walsh & he stormed off the set. How many of the finalists or even the winners, get a career out of it? Here today.....gone tomorrow. The judges behave like they do because they know they can.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print