Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Noel pender... and no mistake (Read 277587 times)
09/24/06 at 23:24:32

me   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

my Dad had this record when I was a lad and have since found out he sang with the peep o'day boys and also tht he is sadly no more with us ( but I knew that since I was a boy) but does anyone know anything else about him? his last record wason curlew records but that can not be found so its up to you guys to help me out. Wink cheers

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 09/24/06 at 23:29:05

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

There's a sleeve of an LP of his on the record sleeves section of this site which I sent in some time back.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 09/26/06 at 22:24:52

me   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

i would like to send you  his trilogy of irish history that i recently copied from a record my dad has, if ypou would like it send me an email with an address and i will email it to you
this is a genuine piece of irish musical history that is as thought provoking as it is beautiful and is why I wanted to find out more about Noel Pender
regards
Dave

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 12/23/06 at 22:08:23

Irenep   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Being technically illiterate I will endeavour to copy Noel's albums for anyone who wishes to listen to them.  Noel died when I was 9, so it's kind of weird that there's a bit of interest in him now.
Irene Pender.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 01/26/07 at 13:04:59

Pablo   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
La Zenia, Spain

I think it was 1969 (I was 6) in the Harp Club, Midland Road in Luton when I saw Noel & the boys. I was mesmorised by the rappore they had not only with the crowd but with each other. They genuinly seemed to be having fun !
I know the album with the lads in red shirts & neckerchiefs is still in the record case in my folks house in Leitrim, as I looked at it only a few months ago.
They were the first "big" band that I saw & definitely influenced me into following a career in the business. Even had my picture taken with Noel as I remember & he signed my copy of the LP.
Time to go cos' I'm starting to sing "It's all for me grog....."
Lovely memories

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 03/15/07 at 01:44:14

yellowdog4dog   Ex Member
I Love YaBB 2!

THERE WAS 3 RECORDS I THINK THE FIRST LP IRISH WILD ROVER A SINGLE CALLED TOLLYMORE PARK AND THE SECOND LP.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 06/04/10 at 19:06:16

James McCoo   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Does anybody know where I can purchase a copy of Noel Pender's "And make no mstake". I've tried every where. Kind regards James McCoo.    jamie@jmccoo.plus.com

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 08/19/10 at 09:59:03

flash   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

I am interested in finding out more about Noel Pender, as I knew him in the 60s-70s. I was a friend of Grant Curran the guitarist in the Peep o Day Boys and used to travell wherever the band went. I know the Harp Club in Luton (on a hill, difficult to park the van). These posts bring back many good memories. I would like to know when Noel died, why did he die, and anything about any other members of the band. I eventually ended up playing music myself, thanks to these great days.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 09/07/10 at 10:38:14

James McCoo   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi, Would you have any idea where I could buy, or could get a copy of Noel Pender's album "And make no Mistake" I have tried many websites including www.vynyl who say they have the album via a seller but nobody got in touch with me. Any help would be appreciated. Kind regards Jamie McCoo

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 06/09/11 at 01:58:11

Mark Smith   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

I have the record ' Noel Pender-and no mistake.'

The Irish Trilogy is on this record

I have a CD of this transferred from the record with the exception of
'wee davy shaw' and 'Punchestown races'

I may be able to help you if you contact me.

Incidently, a friend of mine John Smith played mandolin on the record.
He also playes fiddle and guitar. I lost contact with him many years ago and if anybody knows if he still plays and with who I would be very gratefull. A truly great musician and I would love to hear him play again.

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 06/19/11 at 10:38:40

James McCoo   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Good morning Mark, I tried to answer your post earlier but my PC would not let me send any e-mails for reasons unknown to me. Hopefully that problem has been repaired. I would dearly love a copy of Noel Pender's "And make no Mistake". I will of course reinburse you for any outlay you will have. Could you get intouch using my e-mail address jamie@jmccoo.plus.com Kind regards James McCoo

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 06/22/11 at 19:15:56

Mark Smith   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

I have sent you an email to the email address you have given.  Mark

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 07/31/11 at 19:01:43

duckhook503   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Hello Mark

You will also be receiving a message from me

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 08/06/11 at 00:02:33

Particia Corrales   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

The thing that might be great relating to this webpage is if perhaps you could actually sign up for posts that you make; Is this possible?

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 06/23/14 at 22:07:18

amandacurror   Offline
London

Hello, I am Grant Curror's daughter. He is to the right of Noel Pender on the Irish Wild Rover album. Sadly Dad passed away on 24th August 2013. He also played with Skee Laird, the Swing Time Aces as well as Noel Pender. If anyone has any memories of him I would love to hear from you. Thank you. x

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print