HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Columbia Showband (Read 9859 times)
01/09/07 at 20:44:04

Tiptop   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

The Columbia Showband was a band I enjoyed dancing to and they had a fine singer, Eddie Mack, who was very like Butch Moore vocally. All of this leads me to the questions (a) Where is Eddie Mack now and is he still involved in the music business (b) The Columbia made a number of recordings and recently a person mentioned that someone in the Arklow area brought out a Cd with all of the bands recordings on it. If this is true can anyone help me obtain a copy?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 01/09/07 at 20:49:18

alpineseven   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dublin

Liamo over to you on this one . Shocked Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 01/09/07 at 21:06:59

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

Hi Tiptop, I was in the Columbia with Eddie and right now he lives two doors away from me here in Arklow. Next door to him is Mick Tyrell bass with the Columbia and next door is the house of the late Jimmy Cullen who drove our luxurious VW band wagon, when we weren't pushing it.
I don't know of a cd of the Columbia but only last weekend a friend told me he has a tape of all the Columbia stuff and is to loan it to me. If and when that happens, I'll let you know.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 01/09/07 at 21:51:59

alpineseven   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dublin

Just giving Eddie Mack & The Columbia Showband a spin.The track is Back To The Hills which was an entry in our National Song Contest where it was sung by Patricia Cahill.That was all of 40 years ago and she had a top 20 hit with it so full marks to Eddie and the boys for taking her on. Shocked Roll Eyes Grin : Cheesy ; Wink

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 01/09/07 at 22:44:39

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

That was written by the late Sean Bonner, a native of Donegal, who lived in Arklow for years. He was a teacher and a very talented musician.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 01/10/07 at 20:39:17

Tiptop   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Thanks Liamo.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 01/10/07 at 21:00:50

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland