Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dckie Rock (Read 10176 times)
09/14/07 at 11:03:25

Barry   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi everyone,

Just back from a 10 day trip to Portugal with Dickie. The weather was fantastic and the gigs were great...."It's a dirty job" etc.
Lots of stuff happening over the next couple of weeks, The upcoming publication of Dickie's book and the release of his new CD has everyone really excited.
I've had a sneak preview of the book and it's definately a good read. It will be launched in the Sugar Club in Dublin on Monday the 1st of October. We'll all be there and Dickie will be showcasing some of the stuff from the new album as a taster before the big Vicar Street concert which takes place the following night, we're all really looking forward to that.

If you're there come up and say hello.

Barry

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 09/14/07 at 13:29:19

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

Should be a good night Barry. I won't be there but the best of luck to everyone concerned.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 10/03/07 at 14:24:14

Barry   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi everyone,

Quick update. Dickie's autobiography "Always Me" was officially launched on Monday in the Sugar Club. Lots of famous faces from the world  of show business and politics turned up to wish him well.  A highlight was a hilarious speech from Eamon Dunphy. Ex Miami members Joe Tyrell and Tommy O'Rourke were there plus best selling author Bill Cullen.
Last night's concert in Vicar Street was a great success. 1000 people dancing in the aisles,  just like the old days.
We'll be playing all round the country this month so keep your eye out for us and don't forget to come up and say hello.

Barry

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 10/12/07 at 22:18:55

vestal   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi Barry, Was at Vicar St to see Dickie and he was fantastic. I was with Helen McCoy wife of the late Brian McCoy (Miami)  and we had a great night. The talk after the show (while everyone was queuing up to get books signed) was that Dickie gets better every time you hear him, Ive followed him for 42 years and have been all over Ireland to see him, sure 3 weeks when he was signing in Easons O'Connell St I got the bus from Belfast bought the book queued for an hour got the book signed and got the bus staight back to Belfast. I was having trouble getting the new C.D. nowhere in Belfast had it. George Jones talks about Bertie McCormick's  in Ballyclare so I ordered it and got it today, needless to say its been on all day its completely different to anything he has done before  but its great. Could you let me know of any dates you's are playing please, I'll come over and talk to you the next time I see you.Thanks

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 10/14/07 at 13:57:06

Barry   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi Vestal,

Glad you enjoyed the Vicar Street gig.  It was a really special night. When you get guys like Dessie Reynolds, Karl Ronan, Jimmy Smith et al  raving about the gig you know something out of the ordinary has happened. These guys have played with everybody and it takes a lot to impress them, I never saw so many smiling faces in band after a gig.
As to upcoming gigs, the nearest we are to you is Wednesday the 24th of October in the Ardowen Theatre in Enniskillen. I know it's a fair distance from Belfast but I figure that any man who travelled all the way to Dublin to buy a book might not be daunted by the trip to Enniskillen.

Re the CD....I'll send you a private message.

BTW  I'll make sure Dickie knows about your post on the forum.

Best to you.

Barry

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 10/23/07 at 18:34:50

whistle   Offline
Journeyman Musician
while you work
Kerry

Hi Barry - - Dickie got a grudglingly good review on the Vicar Street gig from the Old Lady Of D'Olier Street (yeah, I know she's moved to Tara Street, but it doesn't have the same ring...!)
How is Dessie Reynolds doing?  haven't seen him in years, what a great, great drummer.

Whistle

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 10/23/07 at 19:50:01

Barry   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi whistle,

Didn't see that review.... have you got the date ?
Dessie is still Dessie. He has to be the most complete drummer Ireland has ever produced.....the guy can play ANYTHING !

Barry

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 10/24/07 at 23:02:11

whistle   Offline
Journeyman Musician
while you work
Kerry

it was a day or two after the show, week of October 6th.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 11/04/07 at 18:14:23

whistle   Offline
Journeyman Musician
while you work
Kerry

Barry wrote on 10/23/07 at 19:50:01:
Hi whistle,
Dessie is still Dessie. He has to be the most complete drummer Ireland has ever produced.....the guy can play ANYTHING !

Barry

I love Dessie, bit equally I love Nollaig Bridgeman; and Paul McAteer and Fran Breen are also some of the great drummers spawned in the 60s and 70s

Whistle
PS - Barry - I dropped you a PM earlier

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 11/04/07 at 19:17:02

Barry   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi Whistle,

Total aggreemant regarding your choice of drummers. I've never played with Nollaig although I shared some hair-raising experiences with him and another great drummer and card carrying lunatic, Jimmy Doyle, back in the early seventies (They're for the book)  I recorded with Paul and gigged with Fran, Both top men.

Barry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print