Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
URGENT - Showband Television Series (Read 29663 times)
01/31/08 at 19:28:35

archiveunit   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Dear Showband fans,

I'm working on a new televison series for RTÉ which will feature some of the wonderful artists from the Showband Era and need your help! I'm looking for any home video/cine camera/film footage of showbands/ballrooms/dancing/people getting ready for dances/crowds arriving at ballrooms etc. from the 1950's/60's. Basically anything that might give a flavour of what it was like during that period and how exciting it was. If you also have any photos showing the same I'd appreciate you getting in touch. My email is eanya.gallagher@rte.ie and anything that is given to me to use in the TV series will be credited and returned to the owner. If you would prefer to write to me in person then my postal address is Eanya Gallagher, Archive Production Unit, Stage 7, RTÉ Television, Donnybrook, Dublin 4, Ireland. The deadline for receiving any of your footage/photo's is March 3rd 2008. If you don't have anything but think you know someone local who might have had a camera during that period I would appreciate you letting me know and I can get in touch with them.
Many thanks!
Eanya

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print