Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Maisie McDaniel RIP (Read 11216 times)
07/01/08 at 18:18:06

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

It's sad to read of the passing of another stalwart of the Irish music scene, Maisie McDaniel. I had the pleasure of sharing the stage with her and the Fendermen back in the early 60s in the Mayfair Kilkenny with the Red 7. She was very popular as is proven by the fact that there were 4 and a half thousand there that night and I don't think they were there for us.
May she Rest In Peace.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 07/01/08 at 22:15:52

Tiptop   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Sad news indeed. Maisie was a very talented lady who was only huge in the early 1960's. A star of radio, TV, stage and records. May she rest in peace.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 07/02/08 at 03:15:08

celebrity   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
wigston.leicester

On behalf of all fans of the Nevada  may I say how sad I was to her of her death, she will always be remembered as their first female singer, followed by Kelley,Tina and Karen Black. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 07/03/08 at 06:41:11

staganua   Offline
Cool Cat
Sligo,Ireland

Very sad about Maisie.R.I.P.

Has anyone got any good Memories about her or her bands.
We would love to hear them.

GOOD BYE MAISIE SLIGO WILL MISS YOU R.I.P.

DICK L.
« Last Edit: 07/03/08 at 14:48:56 by staganua »  

Dick
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 09/14/10 at 20:30:40

terry martin   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

I knew Maisie Mc Daniel infact I have got photographs with her and her husband Fintan Stanley was the backing of my records in 1962.  One of the songs was called the Moutains of Colley, I sang for a good many years and occasionally would be on the same show with Masie and the Fender men.

May she R.I.P what lovely memories I have of her and I play her music quite often espeacially 'Room full of Roses'. My name is Terry Martin and I won the All Ireland competition Search for a Ballad Singer sponsered by the  Sunday Independant in 1962.

Terry Martin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print