Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DO YOU COME HERE OFTEN (Read 8250 times)
12/26/08 at 10:13:29

vestal   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

The fabulous "Do You Come Here Often" Shows start tomorrow night 27th Dec in Belfast for four nights.  If you like showbands you'll love these shows.  The line up this year..... The Miami,  Brendan Bowyer, D.J.Curtin,  Eileen Reid,  Hugo Duncan,   Declan Ryan,  Dominic Kirwan,  and Mary Duff.
Being a big Miami and D.J. Curtin fan this is going to be the perfect way to finish off this year and bring in 2009.  I am going to all the shows and I'm really looking forward to them.

The rest of the dates are

Fri 2nd Jan.  INEC  KILLARNEY
Sat 3rd Jan   MULLINGAR PARK HOTEL
Mon 5th--Wed 7th Jan  MILLENIUM FORUM DERRY
Thur 8th--Sun 11th Jan  THE HELIX DUBLIN.

The MIAMI are also in TIPPERARY on Sun 4th.  I can't remember the venue, but, I will check it out and post it asap.

Wishing you all a HEALTHY, PEACEFUL AND PROSPEROUS 2009

Lynne

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 12/28/08 at 06:26:03

vestal   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Last night was the first of thirteen Do You Come Here Often shows and what a night Belfast showband fans had.  Declan Ryan started the show, he was great. D.J. Curtin followed and what a professional, he hasn't lost any of the magic that I remember from first seeing him in 1968, the audience loved him. I'm not going to name each individual act but I couldn't not mention my favourites The Miami, I have been to most of their shows since 12th July and have loved each one but I have to say that last night was really special, the lads were brilliant and had everyone up and dancing at their seats.  Brendan Bowyer as usual brought the house down with "Love Thee Dearest".  I saw Dominic Kirwan for the first and he does a brilliant tribute to Joe Dolan.  The whole show was a treat from start to finish.  If you like showbands and live anywhere near  Belfast, Killarney, Mullingar, Derry or Dublin and can get your hands on tickets get them, you are in for a great night.  I'm looking forward to tonight and the rest.
Cheers
Lynne

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print