Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Murphy and the Swallows (Read 10361 times)
03/27/09 at 23:25:02

skippy1   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Can someone tell me where Murphy  of the showband Murphy and the swalllows  is now. Is she still singing or is she involved in a band. She was my idol when I was going dancing.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 04/09/09 at 22:29:20

keno   Offline
Music Student
I Love YaBB 2!
Glenamaddy,Co.Galway

Hello Skip, Margaret (Murphy) came from the same part of the world as me Creggs rd Glenamaddy . Now living in Turloughmore Co.Galway( i think) . Her husband runs a courier business called Rocket Transport. My uncle Jimmy played with the same band. Hope you can relive the dream. Ken

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 04/14/09 at 01:13:30

Gerry757   Offline
Part Time Player
I Love YaBB 2!
Galway

Margaret is no longer playing music. She and her husband, Sean, live in Turloughmore, Co Galway where they run the courier company, Rocket Couriers, which is a pretty big player here in the west of ireland when it comes to transport. Their son, Rob, is also involved in the business.

Both herself and Sean (on Drums) last played with the group Stateline through the 1990's. I played keyboards with them and we had two lead guitarists during that time, Geoff Gibbons from Clonberne, Co Galway and Gert Nungesser from Frankfurt, Germany.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 04/15/09 at 13:53:11

keno   Offline
Music Student
I Love YaBB 2!
Glenamaddy,Co.Galway

I know Geoff Gibbons, lives not to far away from me. Still playing a bit and making front gates all that type of stuff.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 04/16/09 at 01:31:39

Gerry757   Offline
Part Time Player
I Love YaBB 2!
Galway

keno wrote on 04/15/09 at 13:53:11:
I know Geoff Gibbons, lives not to far away from me. Still playing a bit and making front gates all that type of stuff.  

Thats him for sure. Nice guy and easy to get on with.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print