Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Showband stars original recordings.Where are they? (Read 3311 times)
08/26/09 at 04:06:51

Harron   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi , I remember most of the bands mentioned on this site.However  although I bought a lot of their records and saw most of the more popular ones I did not keep up to date over the years.
What I am now almost amazed by is the lack of original artists recordings from the 1960s and 1970s.   I have tried to ask some of the artists but their answers are not very clear at all.  
For example where if anywhere can one find cd recordings of any of Larry Cunninghams ,Roly Daniels,Brian Colls,  Johnny Mc Evoys or Sean Dunphys hit records or albums that I would be interested in having.
Are they not available?  I am sure some may be but in general I can find few.  
Why are they not available ?. I am sure there are different answers for different artists but these acts sold a lot of music so why are their most popular original recordings not available.   I look at England and see bands such as the Sweet ,Bay city rollers , and Slade with their 70s albums all on sale as originally released and even remastered . Even lesser artists such as the Arrows and Pilot have an original recording s best of package on the market as have many other lesser hit names.
I find it difficult to beleive that all I can find of our top showband /solo stars are 1980s and 1990s recorded cds.   Has anyone any proper answers to this as I sure would like to know how to buy some of these or why I can not. Thanks . Harron.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 08/27/09 at 19:10:55

smith   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi Harron
Try  www.irishmusic.co.uk
Smith

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 08/28/09 at 04:27:16

Harron   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi, and thanks very much for your reply.  However I have a feeling that I will find few if any answers to my questions there. 
The artists or albums from the 1960s and 1970s that I mentioned earlier I have not saw anywhere and I think I may have been on the site mentioned. 
It may be that the music I mention has never been properly released on cd and by that music I mean for example the original recordings or albums of the artists mentioned from the 1960s and 1970s. The question I would like answered is why.
Quite recently we asked one of the artists you all know well why his original recordings from 1970s were not available. He answered I wish I knew where they are. So maybe that says a lot. Thanks .

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print