Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for this 70,s bank/album Help (Read 5451 times)
03/05/10 at 15:43:56

mccarthy   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Hello,

I live in Florida now, however, am originally from Boston, MA. My dad had an album once and the band and album were called, "The Irish Revolution". It was a fantastic record! I believe they only made the one. The record got all scratched, of course, as I it played over and over and sange along! My father loved it as well (God rest his soul). It was finally lost forever and I've always wanted to try and find another.

I know it's a long shot, at best, but has anyone out ever heard of them? It was in the early to mid-seventies, but I don't know the names of the band members, only that there were 3 or 4 men and one blond girl singer? One of the songs went like this, "When the day is dawning, all it takes  is Sunday morning, and the sweet Maria, and I'm the guy who's coming to see her, Just beyond the highway, there's an open plain, and it keeps me going, through the wind and rain.  . . My Maria waits for me? Thanks, Mary Frances McCarthy-Bexfield, Palm Bay, FL

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 03/06/10 at 00:04:50

Trixie   Offline
Showband
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi MCC KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE BAND BUT THE SONG YOU MENTION IS AMARILLO LONG TIME HIT FOR TONY CHRISTIE & OTHERS OVER THE YEARS. Wink

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 03/09/10 at 08:51:43

Danny c   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!
Dublin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHuOagWzaws

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 06/17/10 at 12:49:47

Oaken   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!
USA

Thanks to share Guys.Great Idea.. Kiss Kiss..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print