HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Flying Carlton! (Read 12012 times)
02/18/11 at 22:48:32

sheshacourtney   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Hello.

I believe my father was a member of the Flying Carlton in Drogheda and wondered if anyone could tell me anything about them?  Also would there possibly be a poster out there showing the band members (long shot I know!).

He name was Des Courtney and I would really appreciate any information about the band.

Kind regards.

Shesha Courtney

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 05/13/11 at 15:22:52

Jimmys   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi Sheila,

My Dad was the double bass player with the flying Carlton in Drogheda. I have a scrapbook belonging to my late Mum with write ups and old photo's of the band. I recently met the singer "Ella Bannon" [o'Malley] who is in her 80's for the first time [at a Paul Brady concert!]
I am due to meet up with her & her daughter soon to hear all about the band days!

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 05/13/11 at 18:08:45

sheshacourtney   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Hello.

Many thanks for contacting me.  Could I possibly ask if you could check the cuttings etc and see if there is a mention of my father?

I would really appreciate any information you could give me about him, assuming he was in this band!

Kind regards.

Shesha

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 08/19/11 at 14:22:28

Aidan Flying Carlton   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi My names Aidan Clarke my grandfather played with the Flying Carlton for nearly 20yrs ! im currently working on a website for the Band and currently recreating the Flying Carlton Dance Band for a one off gig with takes place in the Glenside Hotel on the 30/10/11, if you have any questions regarding The Carlton il try an answer them for you as im in contact with the original members cheers Aidan... il check out about Des Courtney.....

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 09/02/11 at 09:46:50

steve7   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!
USA

Thanks for suggestion Aidan, We all like to visit at website and get information about the all old band members.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print