Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Castlebar International Song Contest (Read 104422 times)
05/10/11 at 16:06:06

PaddyCisc   Offline
Music Student
Castlebar

Hello

I hope you can help with a project that I am undertaking.

I’ve begun work on writing a history of the Castlebar International Song Contest which was staged annually in Ireland from 1966 to 1986.

The contest attracted entries from all over the world and the finals  were covered on live television on the national television station RTE.

As part of the project I am hoping to contact as many of the contestants as possible and ask them to write a short piece about their memories of the event. In trying to locate contestants, I’ve come across your site and hope that perhaps you may be able to help with contact information for some of the participants.

Below is a list of some of the contestants during the 21 years of CISC and I would be delighted to hear from any of you or to receive contact details for any of them.

Thanks.

Paddy McGuinness
paddy@albany.ie

The Dragoons;  McLoughlin Folk Group;  Joan Connolly;  Tara City Folk;  Joe Cuddy;   Melody Fayre;   Ian Corrigan;  Frank Holder; Mary Lou;  Des Smyth;   Joe Bollard;   Tony Steven;   Mary Clifford;   Sarah Bryan;  Kim Goody; Linda Jardim; Carol Kenyon; Linda Martin;  Brian O'Reilly;  Sten & Stanley;   The Cousins;  Deirdre O'Callaghan; Tony Keeling & The Graduates;   Pat Lynch & Airchords;   Joe Doherty & Millionaires;
Dermot Hegarty & The Virginians;   Barry Hendrix & The Regal Showband;   Bernadette & The Butterflies;  Louise Flynn & The Concords;  Johnnie Burley & The Playmates;   Vera Brady  & The Royal Chords;   Maisie Dooley & The Outcasts;   Helen Jordan  & The Keymen;  Sandie Jones & The Royal Earls;  Ella Moore  & The Carpetbaggers;  Tina & The Mexicans;  Peter Boy & The Trends;  Terry & The Trixies;  Vin Brogan  & The San Antones;  Joe Monks & The Like Lads;  Mary Reilly & The Royal Chords;  Tom Flynn  & The Majorca Showband;  Art Supple & The Victors;  Red Hurley & Wheels.  

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 10/12/11 at 23:41:05

broadhaven   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hello Paddy.
So sad that not even 1 reply to your post.
Hope things are good in Castlebar.
Will visit when next time I land in Knock.
God Bless.
Mike

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 10/13/11 at 11:36:44

PaddyCisc   Offline
Music Student
Castlebar

Mike,

Thanks for your message.  
Yes, it is disappointing that my appeal for contacts and memories has drawn a blank.  Quite honestly, it is proving quite a task but I'm plodding on, making some progress and plan to have something ready for publication next year.  
In the meantime, maybe your message may encourage others to become involved... we have to be optimistic!

Best wishes.

Paddy.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 10/13/11 at 11:43:57

broadhaven   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Thanks Paddy.
I posted also last night that there appears to be a hell of a lot of voyeurs on this site.
I have been watching Irish showbands on youtube and some of those you mentioned,are featured.
Once again,nice hearing from you and hope you get the support you deserve.
Please keep me up to speed when the book is published.
God Bless.
Mike.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print