Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Documentary: Maple Ballroom, Ballinrobe (Read 35285 times)
09/21/11 at 11:10:35

James Conway   Offline

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum so before I begin, I apologise if I am posting in the wrong section.

My name is James Conway and I'm studying Music, Media and Performance Technology in the University of Limerick. I am currently working with the Maple Youth Centre in Ballinrobe, County Mayo as part of my degree. I am making a documentary about the history of the youth centre building. I know it used to be called The Maple Ballroom and it opened in approximately 1943.

I'm looking for any photographs and memories of the building, weather they be of the building when it was a ballroom, or any other time since it was built (in approximately 1903.)

This project is quite close to my heart. My grandfather, Eddie O'Toole died when my mother was very young. He played music since he was a young child, he played in the Maple it's self and in many other venues around the country. He became the leader of the brass band in Ballinrobe and won the connaught brass band championship with them.

Since starting this project, I have found out so much about my grandfather and about the history of my hometown of Ballinrobe and I would love to complete this project.

If anyone remembers dancing in the Maple, has any photographs of the Maple or has heard stories of the Maple from parents, relatives or friends I would love to speak with you. Please contact me here or via email (james0conway@gmail.com)

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 10/08/11 at 09:31:49
TiepsyepiseMZ   Ex Member

hi all! my nick Tiepsyepise Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print