HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nathan carter (Read 91406 times)
08/23/12 at 01:46:17

irishcountry.ie   Offline
Music Student
I Love YaBB 2!

has anybody here heard nathan carter? i think he's the closest thing to the showbands on the scene at the moment!

« Last Edit: 02/22/13 at 18:10:18 by Admin »  

For the best irish music CD's & DVD's visit http://www.irishcountry.ie
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 08/25/12 at 19:45:48

Gerry757   Offline
Part Time Player
I Love YaBB 2!
Galway

So many new ones trying to make it now in a "fishbowel" industry. Very few venues left and poor promoters and so many of the same type artists. I'm not so sure if he'll make it unless he has a lot of money behind him. All I have heard so far is the same one or two songs being played on local radio and I did not even think it worth my while to include either on my 25 min slot on KCW75, a country station my cousin runs in Ohio. I do a 25 min slot which he outputs every Sunday morning. I record it here and zap it across on Friday nights. I'm hoping to build it to a one hour slot when I get enough good material and back-up bumph on the artists as the Irish Country music is pretty big in Cleveland.

Anyway, hope he does well but its a tough one out there right now.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 08/27/12 at 22:41:08

irishcountry.ie   Offline
Music Student
I Love YaBB 2!

i dunno gerry, he seems to be very busy at the moment from what i can see. if you looking for a fella with a bit of money behind him check out derek ryan, ive been selling his cds off the site all over the world

« Last Edit: 02/22/13 at 18:10:51 by Admin »  

For the best irish music CD's & DVD's visit http://www.irishcountry.ie
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 08/28/12 at 14:15:32

Gerry757   Offline
Part Time Player
I Love YaBB 2!
Galway

Fair play if they are doing well and are busy then that's great. I suppose I am looking at the gig takings minus the costs of being on the road, band, wages, recording & production costs, management fees, video production costs, promotional costs, VAT, tax, PRSI, etc, ect, etc. I'm just not sure how much is left for the artist. It has to be tough and I've seen some of the attendance figures here in the west. As Paul Claffey once said to me "it is an industry where sometimes to make a small fortune you must start with a large one"

Anyway, joking aside, my very best wishes to them all. I know how hard it is out there and they all deserve the best of luck and support for giving it a go at the very least. I will try to dig up some tracks and include them in my slot in the coming months.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 04/06/14 at 09:49:48

blueyram   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Well I think Nathan is a very good show man , and is doing very well for himself, he is a nice little singer and knows how to work a crowd, I have got into listening to Hugo Duncan on radio ulster on weekdays 1.30 to 3 , and it's a great show , you're getting to hear the, old artists and the new, living in London , so you don't hear about bands

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print