HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Way way back in time (Read 11481 times)
06/28/16 at 01:31:14

peter carr   Offline
australia

Hi all from OZ
Just a few words to anyone who remembers me.
I first came on the scene in the 60's with the original Some People including Bobby Bolton (how is he doing now?)
Harry Evans and Niall Byrne who ended up with the latter version Jackie Johnson was the MGR.I took over from Fran Byrne who went on to Ace in UK.
Next I played with Purple Pussycat taking over from Shay Murphy but I left with Gibney to form Alice which didn't work out.
Around the same time I joined up with Eric Bell and John Farrell and formed a group incl Andy ex-The Editions name I can't remember (we did a tour of Eire with the Tremeloes)
and played a few times at UCD.
I went back to Purple Pussy's and took over from Jimmy O'Brien until it folded.
I went to Australia in 1974 and returned to Eire in 1976 for a couple of years and played all the time with the re-formed Strangers incl Tommy Caffrey & Len Guest ,Freddy White and a singer called Joe ??? later replaced by Charly Murphy then Charly and I ended up back in Oz however in 1982 I joined again back in Eire Roly Daniels band and played all over the country and also UK I packed up after a while and returned again to OZ where I now play very regular.
So if anyone is out there and remembers any of this please send me some pics.
And a big Hello to Pat Egan hope you are well and also Terry O'Neill
very sad to hear aboout Eamonn G and Len.
Incidentally I was with a band who made #2 place in song for europe contest in the early 70's incl Willy Murphy/Peter Furlong etc any ideas ??? I have a pic of this one.
Regards to all
Peter Carr

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print