Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Carole and the New Blues (Read 8589 times)
04/05/04 at 16:31:25

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The history of Irish music
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

We were contacted last week by Peter Kinsey in the UK who said he used to know Carole of the New Blues, but lost contact. Does anyone know what became of this singer from the early 1980's?
« Last Edit: 04/14/04 at 00:58:20 by Admin »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 05/30/04 at 18:25:51

cigarman   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
53721 Siegburg Germany

Roll Eyes On looking through some of the photo a couple of faces jumped out, The Collageboys if my fading years serve me right that was version No3 and I think 2 versions followed that . This photo contained the Kane brothers Eamon and Oliver and Vinnie O Donnell all for the Dungannon area of County Tyrone, The brothers now sometimes play as a duo, Eamon suffered some ill health a couple of years back and I am gald to say the last time I was talking to him he was keeping great.Oliver on the other hand now runs a business providing security glazing.Vinnie Iam glad to report is still giging around Ireland( I will bring you more up to date later.) This trio also played with Mary Lou after she left Hervest I think the band was called Shindig  .Mary can also seen in the lounge scene in the County Tyrone another waste of a good talent, God she could belt a tune out. Colm and Tony Hughes from Paddy Cole Superstars are also a duo, Colm replacing Ray Moore ,Tony and Ray were to-gether for years as the duo Patches. Funny I think Ray was with Paddy Cole for a time . Simon Scott ex of The Plattermen returned from England a few years ago and be scene out and about with a small outfit called The Simon Scott Sound. I would like to know if anyone knows what ever happened to Helen McCaffery who was Mary Lous replacement in Harvest

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 05/30/04 at 19:52:16

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

Wish I knew about Helen. I see her track "Silver Haired Daddy of Mine" of a few irish collection CD's, but Mary Lou was still fronting Harvest (I think) when I left in 1983.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 06/30/04 at 13:30:09

celebrity   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
wigston.leicester

Shocked KissDoes anyone have any imformation on Carole Wallace out of New Blues and or John Mcmanus ex New Blues and the Cotton Mill Boys? Carole was born in County Louth and joined the band from school in 1976,whilst John a brillant drummer from  Dublin was engaged to Carole for a while.Although I knew a few people in entertainment,those two became personal friends,unfortunately I have not seen  either for about twenty years. Any feedback would be very welcome.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 06/30/04 at 16:53:20

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

Don't give up on finding out about Carole...our "tentacles" are reaching out every day and every new person I hear from knows of, or about, several others in the business. It's only a matter of time before we locate people.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 10/13/05 at 01:40:21

celebrity   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
wigston.leicester

Carole now lives in Drogheda with her children

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print