Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cigarman's query about Pearse Kelly! (Read 5600 times)
06/12/04 at 19:57:49

Ronnie_B._Goode   Offline
Not Many - wot?

Pearse and his wife, Jean founded an integrated school in Dungannon about 14 - 15 years ago and I think he still lives in the area.

I was an aspiring drummer in the 70s and remember seeing Pearse many times when he played the marquee with Gary Moore, the legendary Graham Bond and Bobbie Magee (a popular 80s glitter-type band).

I think he played with some local bands in the late 60s but he never did the showband circuit.   Although he played with lots of English bands, the only Irish bands I saw him drum Roll Eyes with were Gary Moore and Thin Lizzy.

RBG

What would you rather be or a wasp?
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 06/20/04 at 17:39:26

cigarman   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
53721 Siegburg Germany

Thank you for the information, on Pearse  but I do remember him playing with a local showband called The Dynamic Sounds, but he may never admit to that .The only other members I can remember are two brothers called Foy and John Hanna . Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 08/24/04 at 21:50:14

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The history of Irish music
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

Hi Cigarman,

You're right, Pearse did play with the Dynamic Sounds for a while until Gene Stewart joined, he left because of musical differences.  Martin Foy took over on drums and eventually became drummer for Fruup, one of Ireland's most accomplished and successful progressive rock bands during the 70s.

Whatever happened to Gene Stewart? ;^)

Bye for now,
RBG

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print