Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new blues (Read 3318 times)
10/06/04 at 00:59:03

celebrity   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
wigston.leicester

Does anybody have any imformation on the records of Carole and New Blues after her single, You Keep  A  Knocking produced by Ted Ponsonby in 1981?,or whether she recorded anymore.It stated on the notes for Carole that an album would be forthcoming but I am not sure whether it materialised.Any imformation on her would be welcome,also on John Mcmanus who was in New Blues,but in 1982,drummed with the Cotton Mill Boys. Grin Shocked

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 10/06/04 at 02:46:36

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The history of Irish music
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately, almost all singles from Irish bands in the 70 and 80's promised a "forthcoming album," but few materialized as it was harder and harder to sell Irish pop singles and get airplay even on Radio2, unless they were hits like "Summer In Dublin" by Bagatelle. Lots of country and folk, but very few pop albums ever made it to release.

Of course, I could always be wrong but I don't remember any albums from pop bands in the early 80's and I worked in a record shop in Sligo. Perhaps, though someone else may have some better info. Hopefully we'll get some news from one of our members!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print