Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LOOKIN LIAM RYAN & JULIE BOYD ??? (Read 9177 times)
10/07/04 at 01:09:27

JOHN_THE_FARMER   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
CO DONEGAL IRELAND

HELLO DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF THE WHERE ABOUTS OF THE ABOVE JULIE WAS THE  IDOL OF ALL SHOWBAND GUYS  WANTIN TO MAKE HER COLUM IN SPOTLIGHT MAGAZINE AND SOME WHO WERE IN IT WANTED OUT NO PLACE WAS SACRED LIAM WAS THE MANAGER OF THE FARMERS SONS AND RSN THE NATIONAL AND PLYMPIC BALLROOMS IN DUBLIN CAN ANY 1 HELP ON BOTH THANKS

JOHN MC GRENRA

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 10/07/04 at 12:07:31

francisk   Offline
Music Student

Hi John. You never got back to me to say if you received the high-resolution image of The Farmers Sons which I sent you?

I met Liam Ryan in Dublin at the launch of Finbarr O'Keefe's book.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 12/29/06 at 02:21:17

whistle   Offline
Journeyman Musician
while you work
Kerry

Julie was everywhere in those days, and no-one wanted to say a bad word about her cos the slaggin' in the following week's Spotlight magazine would be ridico.  (Ridico was a favourite Brush Shields expression). No matter where you went to a gig, Julie was there, like Padre Pio - everywhere all at once. 
The lads were terrified of her, as the man said, nothing was sacred!
It was a sort of gossip column she wrote, if memory serves. Did she remain in journalism, or get married, buy a 3 bed semi-d. in suburbia, settle down with ten kids or what?

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 12/29/06 at 14:18:43

whistle   Offline
Journeyman Musician
while you work
Kerry

the wives bought Spotlight as soon as it arrived in the newsagents, and went straight to Julie's page to see if their beloved was featured.  Woe betide he that had strayed and been spotted by Julie through those enormous glasses!

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 01/19/07 at 21:12:59
luap   Ex Member

in a separate thread back in july, Angelface (Dee) said:

" I could tell you a few stories about Julie Boyd that would make your hair curl.
We used to have to take her with us and pay for her to stay over in Hotels on a far to frequebnt basis. Saying that, she was pretty kind to me in the press although its the guys she was interested in really."

c'mon, angelface, tell us!

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 06/24/10 at 22:51:41

roy1944   Offline
Music Student
I Love YaBB 2!
lincolnshire uk

Julie was always very nice to packy as I called him,And myself When we both worked with Glen Curtin, Seem to remember the smell of perfume Which use to remain in the van for days Shocked Never did find out what it was called
« Last Edit: 06/25/10 at 19:53:27 by roy1944 »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print