Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dermot O'Brien Illness (Read 8433 times)
10/30/04 at 00:31:13

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The history of Irish music
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

We recently recieved word that Dermot O'Brien was diagnosed with lung cancer a few months ago. Dermot continues to work and is receiving treatment, but could use some kind words. Check out his home page at:http://www.irishusa.com/dermotobrien for info on his upcoming appearances.

« Last Edit: 04/21/06 at 04:32:54 by Admin »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 11/15/04 at 01:50:36

sannah   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hello, just a wee note to say that our thoughts and prayers will be with you and yours.How many times we (in Fermanagh) and the border areas , enjoyed your great music and the songs you sang so well.Our hopes for your continued recovery
Best wishes Sannah

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 04/07/05 at 16:55:40

eileen   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Dear Dermot,
        I just wanted to say I am sorry to hear of your illness. You gave many people a lot of pleasure over the years with your great talent and we are thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery. God bless.

Kindest regards,

Eileen

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 04/08/06 at 00:52:37

Barry   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi Dermot,

Sorry to hear you are not feeling the best. I saw you perform in the Catskills back around 1990 . I was playing Bass with the Dickie Rock Band and we shared the bill with you. I remember what a rare pleasure it was to hear someone who could actually PLAY the accordion.
I listened to  you being interviewed on the radio tonight and the loving way you spoke of your late wife brought a tear to this old eye.

Take good care of yourself.

Barry Scully

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 04/21/07 at 21:24:16

Barry   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi All,

I have no confirmation of this but I've just been told on reasonable authority that Dermot is not well at the moment and is back in hospital.

Spare a thought for him at this trying time.

Barry Scully

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 04/21/07 at 23:54:06

Tiptop   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Very sorry to hear that Dermot O'Brien is back in hospital. The man has always been a fighter from his days on the gaelic field with his native county Louth. Get well soon Dermot.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 05/22/07 at 00:44:26

whistle   Offline
Journeyman Musician
while you work
Kerry

any update on Dermot?  he had an amazing capacity for work in the 70s, studio in the morning, golf in the afternoon and gigs at night! Healthy lunches were the order of the day, and its sad to hear that such a nice- and talented  -  guy is not well.
Whistle

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print