Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Duane Family (Read 7856 times)
11/10/04 at 19:11:14

cigarman   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
53721 Siegburg Germany

Gerry , sorry I have been in active for a while but I ve been moving house and all that. Funny I was going down the managers list and The Duane Family name jumped out at me .I suppose they where the sort of the Corr family of the day" but with a lot more talent" I remember them doing very well in England and then nothing I hope there is someone out there will bring me up to date. I will just take this chance I have had quite a bit of private e mails which I will catch up on soon,Drumgold I will phone you at home during the week, to Anne Lynch I answered questions but your e mail address was wrong .
Keep up the good work every one

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 11/11/04 at 05:34:01

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The history of Irish music
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

I also remember the Duane family and their sojourns abroad. Back in those early days, it was very difficult for any Irish based act to make it big and I'm not sure Irish managers exactly knew how the game worked (please don't be angry if you were one of those managers). In recent years, people like Louis Walsh and others seem to have cracked the code, but I think the Duanes were just one act of many that were left on the outside loooking in!

P.S. Good to have you back!

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 11/11/04 at 15:44:42

cigarman   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
53721 Siegburg Germany

Where Louis Walsh is concerned he had a good teacher in Tommy Hayden and I must say Louis is one of the good guys no matter about his success if he meets you he has always time to talk to you about the old days .When would have been out of the office to make tea for the assembled company Good Luck to him and long may it continue for him.
I think when you think of success in England , Bagatelle are another prime example BBC2 show and nothing ,so talented,Englands loss was our gain. I still enjoy there music, it is timeless. Here in Germany we of course have Mr Eurovision himself who is a superstar here he is never of the box but there is no accounting for tease.
These is another name Mary Lou what ever happen to her used to have a great belting voice and another man from the same town Coalisland in Co Tyrone namely Owen Roe O neill a small man with a big voice fronted a band called Copperfield some who members when on to form or play with Mary Lou and Harvest and when Mary left the band was fronted by Helen McCaffery what ever happened to her and the list goes on.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print