HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ballroom Documentary (Read 81173 times)
03/31/05 at 16:32:58

elaine   Offline
Limerick

Hi everyone,

My name is Elaine Kiely and I'm hoping that some of you out there can help me. I'm a fourth year Media student in mary Immaculate College, Limerick. I'm doing a documentary on Irish ballrooms, specifically the Jet Ballroom in Ennis.

I would appreciate any old photos, stories, memories etc that you could provide me with. I'd also like to hear from bands that may have played there or couples who may have met there.

I can be contacted via this website or by email: elainepkiely@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Elaine Kiely.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 04/04/05 at 00:41:18

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The history of Irish music
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for joining the community and posting your message about the documentary you are doing. Of course, almost all the bands played there at one time or another, including myself in february of 1975. It was a great Sunday night gig at that time and I played there with The Magic Band. Previously it was Paddy Cons, although I don't know much about the history. You might be able to get some information from one of our contributors...Pat Gormley. His email was listed as burrenboy@aol.com when he signed our guestbook a few months ago. He spent many nights outside the hall when it was Paddy Con's Hall, so I am sure he is more familiar with the history than me. Unfortunately it is one of the venues for which we have not been able to secure a photo, although now that it is Madden Furniture, I am sure they are easy enough to take. Additionally, there was a gallery at www.ennis.ie that had some pictures, but I can't access it anymore. Perhaps being local, you will have a better chance. Good luck with your documentary and let me know if there is anything else we can do.
GTG

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print