irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lee Lynch (Read 7511 times)
07/05/05 at 13:04:22

barry_saunders   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I played with him in the 70's. I now live in New Zealand-  does anyone know his whereabouts, or how to cotnact him etc.Thanks Barry Saunders

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 12/09/05 at 01:15:34

Rusty   Offline
Showband
KEEP HER LIT !!
Sligo Ireland

Contact me here at this email address Barry for more info
info@kevinconlon.net

Keepin it live!! --Nearly!!
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 12/22/05 at 11:05:52

DW   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Ireland

omg was it that long ago the 70's we are getting as old as poor Lee Barry i just e.mailed you hope you get it  all the Best Vince

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 01/03/08 at 08:47:47
vcmazz   Ex Member

Crikey! This was listed as 'new' in the posts but I've just noticed it's 2 1/2 years old so I doubt you'll get to read this reply, but just incase.... Lee retired in 1994 Barry, following open heart surgery. He didn't have much of a choice in the matter - he had to change his habits completely. He's been clean living ever since (off the fags and booze). He's 70 now, living in the country in Bedfordshire. He has all sorts of health problems but he's hanging in there. He's very much a recluse these days so I couldn't give you his number, but I'll pass on a message if you'd like me to. I take my kids to see him (and Mum) every month or so. Forgive me for not remembering you - I was very young when I was a child, but I seem to remember Vince - you were the drummer were you not?

Kindest regards, Phil (Lee's son)

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 04/09/08 at 05:46:47

AmsterdamBobby   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hello Phil.

CountryGerry has posted a video of your dad on YouTube.  It's from the Forresters in London, December 9, 1984.  Lee had written a song for Margo ("40 Miles From Donegal") and he sang it for her that night.  Here's a link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j84QkFKHlvM

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print