Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cahir O'Doherty (Read 9759 times)
07/10/05 at 13:58:37

Girlofgreen   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Denmark

Hello!

Can anyone tell me how many irish singers there are by the name Cahir O'Doherty?
A couple of times this summer I've been listening to a briliant singer by that name here in Denmark. He was playing "Irish Rover", "Lock Lomond", Elvis, Janis Joplin and seemed to prefere Rock'n Roll.
I am not sure if he is the same Cahir O'Doherty who is supposed to reside in Florida.
Please help me out - and if anyone has further information about Cahir in Denmark I will be delighted to be enlightened. Smiley

Girlofgreen

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 07/26/05 at 00:33:12

BillyO   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hello girlofgreen, i personally know Cahir who is residing in Florida and i don't believe he visits Denmark often (or at all)..
If they are playing this music on the radio then it could be Cahir from Florida for i know Cahir does a wide range of music but he has mostly recorded irish only for the last decade or more...
cheers....

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 11/09/07 at 22:07:09

whistle   Offline
Journeyman Musician
while you work
Kerry

given that he was such a tremendous rock singer,  and played with some of the top names in the music scene - Everly Brothers, Tom Jones, Fleetwood Mac, The Rolling Stones, Ben E, King, Van Morrison etc etc... it's sad to see that according to his website, Cahir developed "a great love for the music of his own land. He now sings Bawdy Irish Drinking songs"
what a shame.  have a look:

http://www.odohertypub.com/music.htm

that is him, innnit??

Whistle

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 06/27/10 at 22:04:48

roy1944   Offline
Music Student
I Love YaBB 2!
lincolnshire uk

Thats him alright, I should know I was his roadie for many years in ireland, They were the best years of my life Grin                 ...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print