Send Topic Print
Death of Dan O'Hara (Read 85649 times)
11/14/04 at 03:22:19

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The history of Irish music
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

In an email message John McGrenra reported that Dan O'Hara died today, Nov.13, 2004 apparently from cancer.
Dan was the guitarist with Philomena Begley's Country Flavour and after she left to form the Ramblin' Men, Dan stepped out front and the band went on as Dan O'Hara and the Country Flavour.
A native of Blacklion in County Cavan, Dan also lived in Cookstown, Co. Tyrone. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends at the news of his untimely passing.   

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 11/14/04 at 15:17:38

Duke   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Currently, Bury Manchester UK

It has come as a great shock to me to hear of Danno's death. He was the man who first introduced me to the showband scene as a player. He knew the Lynch family from Pomeroy in Co. Tyrone through his connections via Philly, who is from Carrickmore. He recommended me to Tony Loughman as a replacement for Tony Fox when he left the Big Valley and due to that I played with the band for a couple of years. I hadn't seen him in years as I have lived in Manchester for the past 24 years. I always looked on him as a great friend, I always enjoyed listening to him play and his bubbly personality and infectious smile will always be with me. Goodbye Danno and thanks for everything. Duke  Sad Sad Sad

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 11/15/04 at 01:57:08

sannah   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Just wanted to say that I too am saddened to hear of Dan's death,.he knew several of my brothers and sister's who always loved his style and will be saddened by this news
'Life is only a deposit' May God rest his soul
Sannah

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print