HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Interviewees wanted (Read 83115 times)
01/18/06 at 17:35:56

eleanor   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi there

I'm a final year journalism student. I'm currently working on a feature about the showband era - a nostalgic piece! I was wondering if anyone out there - singers/performers/promoters/dancehall owners, etc would like to do an interview with me?

Thanks  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 02/01/06 at 10:05:45

M_ONeill   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ted O’Neill
P.O. Box 1280
2 La Playa, Port Aransas
Texas 78373 USA.
TEL: 361 749 5041
E-Mail SNIWEST@AOL.COM

Eleanor,
My name is E.J. (Ted) O’Neill, from 1972 to July 1975  I was responsible for the development and management of  Little People and the reconstructed Chips.bands.   As a song writer I became associated with Chips in 1971 having written with Adrian Mullen ( Whispering my Sorrow) released on Polydor 1971. 1973 I was contacted by Robin Irvine  asking if I would consider  getting  Chips back together .
In 1974 I wrote Cross your Heart under the Pseudonym “Paul Lyttle” registered  with PRS and I also wrote  My World under the Pseudonym Adrian Mullen  also registered  with PRS. Paul and Adrian  both  signed statements acknowledging the fact that they had in no way contributed to the music or lyrics of these songs.  I also signed Chips to Decca  for European release of songs excluding Ireland, in Ireland the releases were on TON records my own label which was distributed by Irish Record Factors a subsidiary of Decca Records. I hope you may find this information of interest,
I would be happy to speak with you in regard to that period.
Sincerely,
Ted O’Neill

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 02/01/06 at 18:15:00

Duke   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Currently, Bury Manchester UK

Hello there Eleanor,
I too played in the bands in the seventies. One was a Country band another was a Pop band. They were called shelly and the Big Valley From Castleblayney and the other, the Rascals from Letterkenny. I will do an interview with you if you wish. my e-mail is declancolgan356@msn.com

hope to hear from you

Declan (Duke) Colgan

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 04/09/06 at 05:34:07

angelvoice   Offline
Journeyman Musician
Ex-Showband front woman!

[color=Blue][/color] HI, I would be happy to talk to you re my years with Louis Walsh and Starband, and my time with rock band Vienna.
deemac40@hotmail.com]

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print