HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Chessmen (Read 8602 times)
05/04/06 at 22:09:04

mccabe   Offline
Thanks for helping!

Hello all
I've started a site for the Pavilion Ballroom, Strathpeffer, and have discovered that there were lots of showbands played there in the 60s and 70s. We had a long residency with the Sterling (later Galaxy) Showband in the late 60s and also had the Monarchs with a young Van as well. I am particularly interested in the Chessmen because I would like to know if it was they who played on then 4th january 1963 and again on 4th November 1966. If you visit my site www.geocities.com/the_strath
you will see why. I would love to hear from ANY showbands who played there. If you think you played in the North of Scotland during these 2 decades then you can scan the site and check. I will be delighted to include photos, names and links to other sites if you want.
Many thanks in advance and kind regards to all
Arthur

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 05/26/06 at 22:42:44
ecosse   Ex Member

Hello:
        My name is Billy Donaldson.I played in your ballroom with the "Royal Viceroys" in  '69......I think.Really enjoyed Scotland!!. Great people!...MAGIC!!.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 05/28/06 at 00:10:31

mccabe   Offline
Thanks for helping!

Hello Billy
Great to hear from. What a fantastic memory you have - you did indeed play here in 1969, on the 28th and 29th November. You must have known a lot of the bands on the road: people like Peter Boy and the Trend and the Galaxy/Sterling as well as loads of others. Are you still in music yourself or have you retired gracefully yet? I'd love to hear from you again with a little story or two if possible. I will update my guestbook to include you and I'd also like to include the names of the other Viceroys and their instruments along with a photo if you have such a thing. Looking forward to hearing from you again.
Kindest regards Arthur
www.thestrath.co.uk

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print