Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
California Brakemen (Read 4377 times)
08/22/06 at 19:17:57

anduros   Offline

??? Hi All. I have been trying to get hold of info & hopefully music by the California Brakemen. The song I am hunting for is The Cowboy Convention - a comedy song that I keep telling my daughter about. We had it when I was a kid (40+ yrs ago) but Mum lost the 7" single.  Undecided (Grrrr!)
Are CB the same ones who sang with Linda Mayne? Or does anyone have any knowledge, help or music to beg, borrow, steal etc!!
Any help gratefully received. Many thanks.    Smiley
Anduros

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 08/22/06 at 21:06:03

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

Hi, Maybe you've seen it but there's a poster for Linda Mayne and the California Brakemen on the site. If you look in members collection's and then Kathleen Smith's collection you'll get it. It mentions that  record plus others.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 08/23/06 at 14:01:11

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

Hi Anduros. If you check Emerald Music on line, there's a compilation "Best of Irish Showband Years" and the track you're looking for is on it.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 08/23/06 at 14:05:03

anduros   Offline

hi Liamo,
thanks for your replies. I did manage to find the emerald music site - many thanks. It is a little too costly at the minute I fear - though I have put it on my Xmas wish list!
I have spent a lot of time hunting around the site for the members' collections & Kathleen Smith you mentioned, maybe my brain is dead, but I cannot find it anywhere!
All the best
Anduros

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 08/23/06 at 14:15:01

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

Hi Anduros. You know where you see all the different sections across the top of the page. The first one is Band Photos. Click on this and among what comes up is Membr Photo Collections. Click on this and you'll get the different collections.
Don't think I'm an expert. it took me a long time to find my way around and I'm still learning.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 08/23/06 at 20:53:57

alpineseven   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dublin

Some information on the single if it is of any help to you.It is on the M and M label which was part of the Decca group and the tracks are as follows Cowboy Convention / Turn The Jukebox Up Louder and was released back in 1972. alpineseven Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print