Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
For TP (Read 17362 times)
Reply #15 - 09/18/06 at 20:47:04

alpineseven   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dublin

To be sure to be sure Peter Sellers is quiet correct as he was the first person to have a top 20 UK hit with a song that had already been a hit for The Beatles.Sorry Trisha. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 09/18/06 at 20:49:01

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

God. I get embarrassed at times being so good Grin Have ya anothe TP. Give us a bit of a challenge this time Embarrassed

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 09/18/06 at 21:00:51

alpineseven   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dublin

I am going to have to run these questions by a team of lawyers ( liars ) .Ok we will go back to the showbands for the next question.The Tremeloes were regular visitors to these shores and i saw them as guests on the Showband Show during one of their many visits to these shores they took time out to not only write 2 songs but also produced 2 singles for 2 Irish bands name the bands and the songs.Now please remember i want the names of both bands and both tracks that they wrote and produced.No hints this is becoming serious. I might get a bit of milage out of this.Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 09/18/06 at 21:34:47

Trish   Offline
Journeyman Musician
Make Love not War!
Northamptonshire, England

Well TP, I know one of them for sure ...as I have the single! It's the Dreams with 'I will see you there'... Grin

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them!
IP Logged

Reply #19 - 09/18/06 at 22:24:18

Trish   Offline
Journeyman Musician
Make Love not War!

I think you may find that the other answer is: Gentry with 'Long Road'.. Grin
Sorry TP...I forgot to mention...The Trems were one my fave '60' groups..having met them twice... Tongue

IP Logged

Reply #20 - 09/18/06 at 23:05:44

alpineseven   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dublin

Well Trisha you certainly are trying and while The Tremeloes did write the Dreams track they did not produce it so you are 50 % right so far as Long Road is correct. Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 09/18/06 at 23:47:31

Trish   Offline
Journeyman Musician
Make Love not War!

C'mon TP...I'm a good 75% there.....and yes I am very trying!  Tongue

IP Logged

Reply #22 - 09/19/06 at 00:37:41

Trish   Offline
Journeyman Musician
Make Love not War!

Same band - The Dreams...record: 'Dance in the light of the sun' written & produced by Alan & Chip from the Trems.... Grin

IP Logged

Reply #23 - 09/19/06 at 08:29:02

alpineseven   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dublin

Had an early night last night but you must admit i do bring out the best in you Trisha.How did you find out it was Dance In The Light Of The Sun unless you have the record.I have it and thats how i made up the question.By the way thats Eric Bell playing a banjo in the intro and the a side was produced by Billy Brown.So Trisha full marks to ya.We will have a long thought before the next one. Wink Wink Wink

IP Logged

Reply #24 - 09/19/06 at 20:11:21

alpineseven   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dublin

Trisha do you know that Brian Poole & The Tremeloes have reformed and are presently doing a tour ? of the UK must be one of the few cases where the lead singer goes solo and into oblivion and the backing group become one of the top groups of the 60s. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #25 - 09/19/06 at 20:54:25

Trish   Offline
Journeyman Musician
Make Love not War!

Hi TP. Yes I do know about their 'Reunion' tour. The group have had some member changes over the last 40 years but I think this tour will be special but tinged with sadness as they will be without Alan, who passed away ten years ago last June. I preferred the Trems without Brian Poole but that's probably because it's their music that I grew up with. Wink

IP Logged

Reply #26 - 09/20/06 at 07:23:01

alpineseven   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dublin

Well  i grew up listening to Brian Poole with the group and always rated their version of Twist And Shout far far superior to the mopheads version.Ok most if not all their hits were covers as was the done thing back then.But they came into their own when Brian left and wrote some great songs.Did they record the Dreams and Gentry tracks themselves.Trisha do you not agree that the Dreams track I Will See You There which they wrote sounds like the group themselves very much like Even The Bad Times Are Good.They made some great records back then.Their version of the 4 Seasons Silence Is Golden is one of the 60s classics. Wink Wink Wink

IP Logged

Reply #27 - 09/20/06 at 07:26:55

alpineseven   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dublin

The next question will be about showband and beat group releases in the USA. Now there one for ya this will seperate the men from the girls Shocked Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

Reply #28 - 09/20/06 at 08:49:11

Trish   Offline
Journeyman Musician
Make Love not War!

Yes, I agree TP, Silence is Golden is a true classic. Did you know that Jeff Christie wrote 'Yellow River' & offered it to the Trems? They turned it down so he went on to have a huge hit with it under the name of 'Christie'. The Trems had this 'thing' of laughing & chatting at the beginning & during their songs. A song that comes to my mind similar to those is 'Clap your hands....' by the Miami. The Dreams & Gentry songs were released on LP's.  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #29 - 09/20/06 at 14:09:04

alpineseven   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dublin

Another great track Yellow River and it might even be unique in so far as it topped the charts here yet a cover version also charted by a showband none other than the Gentry.I wonder it it politically correct to be calling these groups like Dreams & Gentry & Sands showbands as the never use the word Showband on any of their records.
Just a thought.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print