Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
THE  SUMMER  OF  EIGHTY  THREE  (c) (Read 2180 times)
11/09/06 at 07:45:44

eddy   Offline
Journeyman Musician
love is the answer, and
 you know that for sure,

THE  SUMMER  OF  EIGHTY  THREE  (C)

set in  a  night club @ christmas time
                         TWO   MEN  ONE  GIRL  AND A  DOG IN STORY

JIMMY, in his fifties,     eddy, in his sixties, alie, late teens,  rover,

SCENE   ONE

eddy  
                                                how  are  you  JIMMY? how is life treating you?  

JIMMY

keeping the bright side out eddy

eddy

thats  the  way  to do it JIMMY

JIMMY

we  have  the  pub to our selves eddy

eddy

not  like   the   old  days   jimmy ,

when i would be ran off   my feet in here

but thats the way it goes

JIMMY

eddy  i  have  a lot  of  fond  memories  from the  days back  in  the  eighties, when i was the dj here

eddy

and i must  say  your  were a very good  dj  to  jimmy

JIMMY

thank you eddy, gee but time flies

eddy

yep  thats  the  way  it  goes  when you are haveing  fun

JIMMY

i know  eddy,  but if i had happy times back in the eighties, i sure had  my  sorrows as well

eddy

you  never  forgot  about her jimmy? gee that  alie  girl  was some  beauty, a lot of guys  back then would  love to have  been in your  shoes,

JIMMY

out  in that  floor there eddy, me  and  alie  used  to  dance  to  our fave  song from the  summer  of  eighty  three, as you did your bit of  djing for me

(flash back to a young JIMMY  and alie  on the  dance floor)

eddy

what  happened jimmy  that  ye  broke up? ye were like ye were born for each other, real soul mates

JIMMY

that  is  the  question, ive  been  asking  my self  for over  22 years eddy, i just dont know why,

eddy

were ye  long  together anyway jimmy
                                                                     JIMMY

for  the  summer  of  eighty  three, she used to help out spinning the records, but she had one fave song, and it brings tears to my eyes every time i hear it

(flashback young JIMMY and alie)

eddy

thats  the  way it goes  JIMMY,

JIMMY

the  eighties  broke  my  heart  big time  eddy

eddy

we  all  have  our  little  sorrows  JIMMY

JIMMY

i had  a sheep dog  rover, a  few  months  old when  i met alie, he  and alie became great friends, she  got  a  lead for  him and  had  him walking  everywhere,

sadly about  a  month later rover died, both of us were heart broken, then when  i  was just about over the loss of rover,

alie  went  and  left  me, oh  god  i was so  heartbroken i could  have died, part of my heart was never the same, she had a special sacred place in my heart,

eddy

hey jim why  do  you  think  she  left  you,hardly age difference, you were what late twenties,

ttwenty eight  eddy to the day when she left me, what a birthday, i dont know what i said or did not say  that made her change towards me?

one  day  her eyes were telling me she loved me, the next day, no it is too hutfull to even think about,
                                                                     eddy

you mean she was with you then just walked away from you without saying why?

« Last Edit: 11/16/06 at 23:35:06 by eddy »  

all you need is love
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 11/16/06 at 23:43:49

eddy   Offline
Journeyman Musician
love is the answer, and
 you know that for sure,

jim

that  is  what  i  mean  eddy, we were dancing here one night , you were spinning you said something comical over the mike about the legwarmers, that a lot of the girls includeing alli used to wear back then,

eddy

you  have  some  memory  jim.

jim

for  good  reason  eddy, i laughed as did  a lot of other people, but not alli, she looked startled hurt, then pushed me away from her, telling me its over,

eddy

oh  sweet jesus  dont tell me  i  was the cause of  ye  breaking up?

jim

dont  be  silly  man  no way were you,

eddy

did  you  try  and  get  back  with her?

jim

did  i  what,  i moved heaven and  earth trying to get near to her but she did not want to be near me, so what could i  do,  but try and carry my cross, and it has been  a heavy cross

eddy

at least it proved that you cared for her, to have your heart so broken,

jim

i  hope  you  dont  think  im  away with the  faries eddy when  i  tell  you this,

eddy

i  wont  jim  go  on, what ?       

jim

for  the last month or so she has been in my dreams nearly every night, she is with me in the church, cinmea,    walking rover like before,

eddy

this  is  in  your dreams right? i was getting worried about you there for  a  while,

jim

wait till i  tell you this eddy,about  a  week  ago i did  not  feel to good in myself, taught i was going to pass out,

and then there she was in front of me with rover,

eddy

this  another  dream jim?

jim

no eddy this was  real, alie was looking at  me  with eyes of love, told me everything will be ok soon very soon,

eddy

come on jim you are haveing me on, arent you ?

jim

now  am  i  haveing     you on  eddy, look out in  the  dance  floor,  see alie? she is dancing,  look  eddy   rover  is  there as well,  now  she  and  rover are comeing over to us, dont she  look just  beautifull, just like  before, eddy im so  happy, not heart broken no more

eddy

jim  will yu please  sit over in the armchair  there in the corner,  and i will get the missus to make us some tea
                                                                           alie 
                                                          oh jimmy i never stopped loveing you, and im so  sorry  for  all  the  sorrow  and  sufferings  you had  to go  through over me, but it had to be, jimmy you will understand  why later, come take my hand jimmy, your life is just about to begin,

epilouge

alie  and  jimmy  (looking like he did back in the summer of eighty three) are dancing  to  the  sound  of the  eightys theme song,

the   end 

all you need is love
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print