Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
red hurley/liam hurley (Read 7080 times)
02/11/07 at 01:32:07

celebrity   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
wigston.leicester

SmileyNice to see Red Hurley doing so well again in Ireland, he was one of the showband stalwarts, but often thought his brother Liam was a better singer and brillant guitarist, often wondered what happened to  him!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 02/11/07 at 20:56:50

Tiptop   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I'm told that Liam runs a restaurant somewhere in Dublin . Don't know name or actual location. Liam also a fine songwriter.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 02/11/07 at 23:50:43

celebrity   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
wigston.leicester

Wink Definitely agree with you about Liams songwriting ability, but good singer too, aranger and guitarist, he would have had enough ability to have made it fronting his own band!

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 02/18/07 at 22:18:05

whistle   Offline
Journeyman Musician
while you work
Kerry

FYI - - Liam runs a Chinese restaurant called CHANCE in Andrew Street near the Troc. He used to do a lot of record production also for Susan McCann, Roy Taylor and many others, perhaps he still does a bit. I believe he is also helping and encouraging his teenage daughter Jennifer who is a singer - songwriter.  I never heard Liam sing, but Red's new recordings are pretty good.  There's many a singer of his age who has failed to retain the power and quality of their youth, it's just a pity that most of them don't seem to have realised that fact!

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 02/19/07 at 10:49:54

celebrity   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
wigston.leicester

Thanks for the imfo about Liam, he worked tirelessly to make the bands he was in the best, there might have been a front man or front lady but Liam had a great voice, and never got  the recognition he deserved .

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 02/19/07 at 21:03:12

Tiptop   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Liam Hurley did have one hit single, "Good Lovin'" , while with the Nevada.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print