Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Death of Fergie O' Hagan 24-02-07 (Read 4632 times)
02/27/07 at 22:55:09

nevo   Offline

i am the grand daughter of the late BIg Fergie O' Haganwho past away on the 24-02-07.  He was the  front man of The Clipper Carlton. i just wanted to post this and perhaps hear back from anyone who may have seen them preform that can share a story.  The clippers were regarded as the first band to begin the "showband" era with entertainment on the stage that would match their abilities as a musical band.  Granda was the "keeper of boothill" and i was very honoured to know him and am proud to say Big Fergie was my granda. if any one has any pictures or footage of the band they would like to share with his family that would be great.
best wishes
Naoimh

"its kept up a right day"
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 02/27/07 at 23:52:13

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

It's sad to hear of the passing of one of the real legends of the Showband era and indeed a member of the very first "real" real showband. I had the honour and pleasure of seeing and hearing the  Clippers a number of times at the start of my dancing days.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 03/01/07 at 20:53:18

Tiptop   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Very sad news indeed. Big Fergie will not be forgotten by all of us who danced to the Clipper Carlton, who liamo rightly described as the first "real" showband. "The Keeper Of Boothill", the Jim Reeves songs will always always take us back to the great early showband days. Deepest sympathy to all the members of Fergie's family, relatives and friends. R.I.P.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print