Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Live streaming showband radio (Read 67964 times)
08/04/07 at 15:30:14

Derek   Offline
Showband
dnbentertainmen t sole
management for Dickie
Ray
Benidorm

I am now streaming live radio from my web site www.dnbentertainment.co.uk  In time I would like to make the station entirely Irish showband but I don't have sufficient music to do that yet.  If anyone out there has anything from the Irish showband era or from the country and Irish genre that they believe should receive air play again I would appreciate your assistance.  You can email songs in any format to dblevins@lineone.net

I do not want to ask for the original records as I would be concerned they could be damaged in transit or not returned safely for any reason.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 08/04/07 at 15:32:28

Derek   Offline
Showband
dnbentertainmen t sole
management for Dickie
Ray
Benidorm

One point...you can check the list of songs I already have by going to the website and clicking on Dickies Jukebox.  From there you can link to the radio station and view the playlists.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 08/12/07 at 21:48:40
luap   Ex Member

Seems to be an awful lot Dickie Ray on that station

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 08/17/07 at 21:43:54

Derek   Offline
Showband
dnbentertainmen t sole
management for Dickie
Ray
Benidorm

Sorry guys if you couldn't log in...had a few teething problems but should be working fine now....

Oh and of course theres a lot of Dickie Ray on the station.  Dickie Ray set up the station and it is streaming from his computer so it includes everything  Dickie Ray ever recorded.  The computer will however rotate songs according to artist popularity so if you have a favourite artist and request their music you will increase the air play for that artist.  Hope that explains it.  Indeed it you have recordings of your own and want them played..email them to me and I will add them into the play lists.  Then by requesting some of the songs you can increase the rate of play

One point..the computer is not dedicated to the radio only at this point.  Not enough listerners to justify that, so occassionally it is switched off for maintenence etc.  If you find the station off line just try again.  It is currently running about 40 hours in every 48

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 11/02/07 at 02:31:55

Derek   Offline
Showband
dnbentertainmen t sole
management for Dickie
Ray
Benidorm

Just a quick update.  I have now transfered this stream to Clanrye FM Broadcasting to Newry & Mourne on 103.6 FM.  Listen in by logging into www.dnbentertainment.co.uk  There is a link there.  Clanrye will have there own web site soon but that link will get you there for now.  Shows are now live braodcasts from 9.00am to 9.00pm most nights and there are a lot of Showband fans among the presenters.  Hence this is likely to be the best radio station on the net for showband music.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print