HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rory Gallagher (Read 7676 times)
11/05/08 at 17:24:53

Nico   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi all,
my name is Nicolas I'm french and I'm 39. I'm not especially a showband fan  Embarrassed but I'm writing a book of my irish hero Rory Gallagher. He spent time in the fontana showband in the early 60's. Then created the Impact, then Taste and after the RGB.

I spent 4 days in Ballyshannon in 2005...so great Cheesy.

I'm writing an article about Rory's guitar and know that his was first owned by Jim Conlon of the Royal Showband. I wondering if someone could send me a (or more) picture of JC with "Rory"'s strat It was sunburst and JC changed it for a red one as his hero, Hank Marvin. Is it possible to sent message to JC?

If somebody can also send me things or links about the fontana featuring Rory....they'll be well received Wink

Thank a lot for your help
All the best from France
Nico

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 11/06/08 at 14:08:35

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

Nico,

I might be able to help. I've sent an e-mail.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 11/12/08 at 23:04:33

sarahftw   Offline
Music Student
I Love YaBB 2!

you should post them here as well as some of us would like to know more information as well. cheers!

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 11/30/09 at 15:19:44

Rocky Stone   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi Nico.  I went to school with Rory and we both appeared in a chghool concert when he was twelve and I was elevev in 1960.  After the Fontana and the Impacy he joined the Axles with Eric Kitterringham beforming the Taste. I believe the guitar you're enquiring about is on permanent display at the Rory Gallagher Music Library.  Cork City Library.  Grand Parade, Cork.  WWW. corkcitylibraries.ie.

Hope this helps.

Rocky Stone (aging musician) Cork Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print