Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Sound Of Music - Glenamaddy Co.Galway (Read 24049 times)
04/09/09 at 23:02:31

keno   Offline
Music Student
I Love YaBB 2!
Glenamaddy,Co.Galway

Anybody out there dance the night way in the sound. Had all the gimicks .. lights , the centre ball , snack bar to cool down and lots of people dancing to some of the best bands in the country. Of course we would have my uncle Joe O'Neill say " on next Sat night we have ....Magic and the lights or the one and only Big tom or all the way from big city The Memories. Ha those were the days.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 04/10/09 at 21:24:55

Seamus K   Offline
Music Student
I Love YaBB 2!

Who were the biggest crowd pullers in Glenamaddy?

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 04/10/09 at 21:50:42

keno   Offline
Music Student
I Love YaBB 2!
Glenamaddy,Co.Galway

Joe Dolan,The Indians,Times,Memories,Tweed,Teddy Palmer,Magic,Sunshine,Big Tom,Margo,Fran O'Toole,Dickie Rock and many more. There was always a big crowd on a Sat night.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 04/12/09 at 18:32:26

Seamus K   Offline
Music Student
I Love YaBB 2!

What about Shaun O Dowd or Gina Dale Haze and The Champions?

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 04/13/09 at 23:16:52

keno   Offline
Music Student
I Love YaBB 2!
Glenamaddy,Co.Galway

YES AND MANY MORE TO MANY TO MENTION. WE ALSO HAD OUR OWN WEST OF IRELAND BANDS, MURPHY AND THE SWALLOWS,JOHNNY FLYNN, BIG TIME, SAMBA,BANDITS,LOLA AND THE NEW BLUES,HARMONIES,SKULL( WHO PLAYED RELIEF),CONQUERORS WHO I REMBEMERED THE FIRST TIME PLAYING C/W AND THE FOLLOWING MONTH BACK, A DIFFERENT BAND PLAYING POP GREAT OUTFIT AND STILL BLASTING OUT THE TUNES TODAY.MUST BE ONE OF THE LONG TIME BANDS STILL PLAYING.

WE ALSO HAD THE ONE OF THE FIRST SINGING PUBS IN THE WEST CALLED QUINNS RUN BY MARY QUINN AND HER FAMILY. SHE ALSO RAN A 6 POLE MARQUEE DURING THE SUMMER , ONE OF MAY EARLY MEMORIES WAS THE INDIANS WHO HAD NOT LONG BEFORE THAT HAD CHANGED THERE NAME. ROLY DANIELS WAS A BIG FAV HERE.

THERE WAS A TIME WHEN WE HAD ON WED NIGHT HORSLIPS IN THE SOUND AND BIG TOM IN THE MARQUEE. FOR A SMALL VILLAGE THAT WAS AMAZING. BOTH HAD BIG CROWDS. ......

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print