Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jon Ledingham-Jonathan Kelly (Read 13784 times)
07/04/09 at 11:40:50

cursedanna22   Offline
Music Student
I Love YaBB 2!

Hello,
I'm trying to trace any surviving footage or audio of Jon Ledingham. Jon Ledingham was very popular in Ireland in the 1960's and was a member of the 'Viceroys Showband' in 1969 he moved to England and changed his name to Jonathan Kelly and had mainstream success with several albums including his best known "Twice Around The Houses" which featured what is probably his best known song "The Ballad Of Cursed Anna"

At present there is no surviving footage of Jonathan, both RTE & the BBC have destroyed all the material they had, no video, film or even home movie footage is known to survive and I am hoping, that somebody reading this message might just know of some that has survived, perhaps in a private collection. There are also  no known audio recordings of Jonathan performing Live in Ireland prior to 1970, if anybody made a recording of Jonathan who would at that time be called Jon Ledingham, then I would love to be able to add it to the Jonathan Kelly archive which I maintain on Jonathan's behalf.

If anybody has any material at all regarding Jonathan that is not already in the Archive, including photos, audio, video, film, magazine articles, ticket stubs etc and would be willing to share them with me then I would be grateful if they could contact me.

Kindest regards with fingers firmly crossed
Gerald Sables
Manager Agent and more importantly, friend of Jonathan Kelly
www.jonathankelly.co.uk Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 07/05/09 at 11:05:57

cursedanna22   Offline
Music Student
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi,
Thank you for your reply and the offer of the single, But I already have it and all the other recordings, but I do appreacite the offer. As for RTE, perhaps it is a matter of who you know, because they say they can't find anything to do with Jon Ledingham or Jonathan Kelly and he made several appearences on both TV & radio, surely something must have survived somewhere, oH! Well the search goes on.
All the best
Gerald Cheesy
Agent & Manager for Jonathan Kelly

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 07/06/09 at 18:19:15

cursedanna22   Offline
Music Student
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi,
Sorry I Smiley have been away all weekend, Thank you for the offer of help, I'll look out all the programmes and dates that I know of and I'll get back to you shortly.
Thank's again
Gerald

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 07/07/09 at 12:35:05

cursedanna22   Offline
Music Student
I Love YaBB 2!

Hello Again,
I had a chat with Jonathan yesterday plus I had a look through the info that I have to see what I could discover, I'm afraid I didn't do that well. I know that Jonathan appeared on several RTE TV shows, the only one I have a firm date for is a Gaye Byrne show the date was 17th November 1973. There was a show called "The Music Makers" which Jonathan appeared on this would be around the same time & I know he appeared on a DANA TV special there was an Article about this in the RTE guide dated JUNE 19th 1970. Jonathan's carrear lasted bettween 1968 & 1976 and he would be listed under Jonathan Kelly, Jon Ledingham, Jonathan Ledingham, OUTSIDE, Humpy Bong, or the BOOMERANGS. If anything survives ut would be wonderful, both Jonathan and myself appreciate your help.
Kindest regards
Gerald

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 07/07/09 at 18:41:05

cursedanna22   Offline
Music Student
I Love YaBB 2!

I am very grateful to both yourself and your friend and I'm keeping my fingers very tightly crossed that something has survived, I will continue to do my research to see if I can locate any other information/dates etc.
A big thank you
Gerald

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print