Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Malachy Doris Ceili Band (Read 8337 times)
04/30/10 at 13:18:54

D J MORRY   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

As a DJ in New Zealand I like to think I know quality music from just all right ! I was very happy to aquire this, in my opinion, fantasticaly vibrant colourfull, stand out and highly contagious Ceili Band music by the MDCB! Numbers such as their excellent cover of  the Bridge of Toome  Medley and Jerrys Beaver Hat have Excellent bass lines that my speakers  love, instead of the muffled bass line offered by a lot of Ceili bands with otherwise great sound mix . These numbers  by the Malachy Doris Ceili band would get a man or woman out of their wheelchair and up dancing within seconds of the music starting up.
     Does any one know how to contact the band I just  want to tell them how good they are and where I'm playing their music , I asked  Emerald  records for a contact address but they never replyed to me.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 12/04/10 at 23:53:29

paddyfromarmagh   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Hi D J, sorry to have to disappoint you but I think the Malachy Doris Band is no longer active.  I am now retired and can remember Malachy playing with Malachy Sweeny in my home many years ago. In fact Peter Sherry - one of the band members was my fiddle tutor when I was fifteen.  Man, did that guy play a sweet fiddle.  I never got to be as good so I gave up in the end. Sad Cry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print