Send Topic Print
John McGrenra Illness (Read 4210 times)
10/23/04 at 22:22:10

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The history of Irish music
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

Please say a prayer for John McGrenra who emailed us on October 23rd to say he has been diagnosed with a serious heart condition that requires major surgery within the next fortnight. A former member of the Cotton Mill Boys, among others, John is a great supporter of the site and we wish him a speedy recovery. Please post your messages to John here.   

« Last Edit: 10/30/04 at 18:15:37 by Admin »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 10/24/04 at 01:20:49

celebrity   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
wigston.leicester

John,I was really sad to hear your bad news everyone who knows you the best bass player in Ireland and a really nice guy as well,remember when,youme and Jon Mcmanus drank Guinness and had a good time after the Cottons gig in the National we shall do it again some time,so please pull through mate we are gunning for you,everyone in showbandland including those who were  part of theextended family from Pete(CELEBRITY) and Maggie in Leicester.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 11/14/04 at 03:09:38

Admin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The history of Irish music
is a continuing journey
Sligo, Ireland

Hello to all in the community,
It's Satuday, November 13, and I just got an email from John.
In it, he says, "I got out of hosp on Thurs last, after havin my operation in Dublin on Tues, Nov 9th. They have  placed a defibrillator in my heart. It's amazing tecnology even though at the moment, it's very painful, but hopefully I will make a full recovery in time. I'm a very lucky guy again so thank you for your gesture on the site it made me feel special and part of that family called musicians."
Our thoughts and prayers are still with John as he continues to recover over the coming weeks and months. Great to have you back John!

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 09/20/06 at 15:55:06

bond_007   Offline
Music Student
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

:hi my old band partner of couse you will be in my prayers
if i could live with half a heart you could have the other half
get well soon my friend  yours truly fergie mc elligott 
keep me up to date slainte john and may god and the holy family  guide you tru safely

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print