HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Green County Line-up (Read 17460 times)
Reply #15 - 08/08/06 at 14:01:34

thomasmatthew   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

IWell Hello Mr Brannigan
Great to hear from you.I have been in so many bars in Dublin over the last few years looking for you or some head who might know you or where you could be contacted my liver was starting to think I had gone mad. It is great to hear from you.
I bumped into Roly a few years back at Tralee races when his daughter was the Brussels Rose at the Festival. He hadn't changed.
Are you still giging ? It would be great meet up for a chat.Thanks Barry for passing on my message.
Great to hear from you pal we had some funny times together
Reply soon.
Best wishes
Tommy

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 08/08/06 at 14:16:19

Trish   Offline
Journeyman Musician
Make Love not War!
Northamptonshire, England

Hiya Tommy.
Great to see that you've discovered this site at last. It's a good way of getting in touch with long-lost friends and for making new friends, as I have found since joining. 
Best Wishes,
Trisha

« Last Edit: 08/08/06 at 15:45:17 by Trish »  

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them!
IP Logged

Reply #17 - 08/08/06 at 14:47:21

thomasmatthew   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Hi Gerry Gallagher
Thanks for your e-mail and thanks for passing on my message to Branno. I do not know if it of any interest to you but the drummer who preceded me was from Newcastle West in Limerick and his name was Mick Nash. When I left the band in March '74 an English lad called Peter (Lyons ?) took my place. I spoke to Sean Gallagher, the bass player, a few years ago and he was running a music shop for Martin Rae who was a guitar player with some of the big bands a few years ago. I think he may have played with Brian Coll and Margo not sure though. Dessie McDonald was living in Ballina last time I met up with him but he had stopped playing.
I played with the resident band in The Forum in Kentish Town
in north west London when I left and stayed with them 'till
1979 when I went into the pub business which I am still at.
I still sing but Ionly get my kit out now and again. I sang a song in the Cavan Song Contest in 1998 by a guy called 
Mike Redway, he wrote Rock'n'Roll You're Beautiful which was a hit for Tony Kenny, and finished 4th. The song is called Colleen and is getting some air play on Clare FM and on some country music station in Dublin.
I hope this has been of interest to you. Feel free to contact me any time and if you get to London my pub is called   
O'Flaherty's Lounge and you will find us in North Harrow
in Middlesex.
Best Wishes
Tommy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print