Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
irish-showbands.com Free Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Any Info on Eric Murray -Dreams (Read 19464 times)
Reply #15 - 08/24/06 at 19:01:25

alpineseven   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dublin

With your info Trisha it does confirm my thoughts that when John Farrell decided to call it a day with the Dreams in 1970 and formed Freedom out of the remnants of the band and released the one single on the Release label in 1970 as well.Just who were the Dreams who recorded the single Julie ( where has your love gone ) / Let the earth be free on Dolphin Dos 80 in 1971 ???

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 08/24/06 at 19:11:49

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

I think the Dreams reformed at a later stage.

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 08/24/06 at 20:11:52

alpineseven   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dublin

Yo Liamo at least i know you are out there now but who were they that is the question but someone like your good self armed with all those Spotlights could find the answer for me.Surprised you did not contact me re those showband 45s 88 in all went down south to Tipp yesterday.alpineseven Grin

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 08/24/06 at 21:13:22

liamo   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
arklow. ireland

TP. I missed the boat on the singles. I had been intending to contact you but other things kept cropping up.
I'll probably be able to find out more about the Dreams in the near future.

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 08/24/06 at 21:19:59

alpineseven   Offline
Journeyman Musician
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dublin

THANKS LIAMO I HAVE THE FIRST 5 SINGLES BUT WOULD LIKE TO GET NICE EX TO MINT COPIES IF POSSIBLE PLUS 3 OF THEIR SINGLES WERE RELEASED IN THE UK PLUS A EUROPEAN RELEASE OF I WILL SEE YOU THERE WITH A REAL NICE PIC SLEEVE.ANY INFO ON WHOS WHO IN ANY OF THE LINE UPS MUCH APPRECIATED Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #20 - 09/20/07 at 19:05:30

Boyne_Rover   Offline
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Eric played with the Hot Air Mavhine and for a while he was lead vocalist with the Strangers after Jimmy Fanning left the band .As far as I remember he appeared in a number of television adverts for Jacobs biscuits .
He looked very like Steve Ellis of the Love Affair and almost lost his shirt at a Love Affair gig in the White Horse in Drogheda , when he came to hear the Byelaws who were playing support and one big Ellis fan almost tore his shirt

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print